• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cst
    Warrior
    • Jan 2014

surefire can POI shift question

I got a new surefire 762 socom on my 6.5 grendel. Right now I have a consistent .5mils low and .2 right poi shift once I attach it.

I figure the large amount of shift is because it's on a medium contour barrel (19").

My wife's gun has the exact same setup and she also gets .5mils low with NO windage shift...

The question is...if I mess with the muzzle brake timing alittleand torque...is it possibe to change that poi shift? I want to get rid of the windage to make it easier...

ALSO..Will adjusting the gas block to reduce gas flow effect any poi shifts as well? (I doubt iT...) just had to ask
  • am4966
    Chieftain
    • Jul 2014

In my readings most just hold for the poi shift or adjust optic then go back to zero if they have return to zero scope.
    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• cst
      Warrior
      • Jan 2014

Surefire advertises a "minimal" POI shift...does a 2" drop at 100 considered minimal?

Comment

• am4966
        Chieftain
        • Jul 2014

No, not for a surefire can....try asking at nfatalk.com or at ar15.com armory-surpressor section.
        12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
        Surge - Rugged Suppressor
        Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

Working...
        X