• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

New side folding, piston 6.5 grendel option coming soon

I was just listening to a podcast with someone from Faxon Firearms on it.

At Faxon Firearms, we pride ourselves in creating quality parts and firearms. Trust our years of experience when buying your next barrel, bcg, or complete rifle.

He mentioned they are releasing a 7.62 x 39 upper at SHOT and will soon follow with a 6.5 Grendel version.

I'm intrigued... I'm already hunting with a 12.5" barreled 6.5 and getting great results from it. I'm picturing the same size upper with a side folding stock that can fit in a backpack.
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.
  • biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

Probably likely to be a new upper in the ARAK-21 line. The Firearm Blog just did a review a couple of days ago.
    In 2012, Bob Faxon of Faxon Firearms set out to make an Ar-15 upper receiver that took the best elements of the Ar-15 platform and blended it with the proven Ak-47/AKM/Ak-74/Ak-100 series of weapons.With decades of experience in the automotive, oil, energy, defense, medical and aerospace industries with Faxon Machining, and assistance from a dedicated team of engineers, Bob created a unique upper receiver that is modular, ambidextrous and, due to an adjustable gas regulator, able to handle not only a wide assortment of ammunition brands, but also automatic, suppressed, un-suppressed, supersonic, and subsonic modes of fire.Like the Kalashnikov action, the robust mechanical design and beefed-up bolt allow the ARAK platform to handle calibers other than 5.56×45/.223 Remington, such as 300 AAC Blackout, 7.62×39, and 7.62×51/.308 Winchester.
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• txgunner00
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I sent them an email asking about barrel lengths and got a very quick reply. Unfortunately no info on barrel length or profile yet but I did cast my vote for 12.5"
      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
      X