• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lee
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2014

Barrel make on A A Incursion upper

I am interested in this upper and was wondering if anyone knows the make of the barrel.
    Thanks,

Dr.Lee
  • Dr. Lee
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2014

Bueller ? Bueller ?

Comment

• wheelguner
      Warrior
      • Oct 2011

I found this article awhile back:

The page you are looking for does not exist. Please try using the search tool to try again.

The section regarding who they source their barrels from:

The barrel is the heart of any rifle. Grendel rifles have tubes from Lothar-Walther, a name familiar to anyone in the competition or custom-rifle world. A slight step-down at the muzzle allows competition shooters to fit a match front sight or bloop tube to the end of the barrel and provides a secondary shoulder that is set back from the muzzle for the attachment of a muzzle brake or flashhider.

If this is not correct or has changed I expect another member of the Horde will chime in.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

LW stopped making AA barrels 7-8 years ago. Currently the barrels are sourced from multiple different manufacturers and because of this AA no longer identifies manufacturers for any group of barrels or model.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
          LW stopped making AA barrels 7-8 years ago. Currently the barrels are sourced from multiple different manufacturers and because of this AA no longer identifies manufacturers for any group of barrels or model.
          The date on that article is 2010, but it was written quite a while before that, because by 2010 that info was out of date.

Comment

• am4966
            Chieftain
            • Jul 2014

Yeah before you knew you where getting a quality barreled upper from AA when the used LW barrels. Now you have to spend the extra 250 for a Shilen or buy one of there over priced 5R barreled uppers yet you still don't know who's barrel your getting.

Buy from PF that way you know what your getting or roll the dice on AA and maybe you'll get your upper in 6-12 months
            12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
            Surge - Rugged Suppressor
            Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• wheelguner
              Warrior
              • Oct 2011

And the chimes are ringing.

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

Mark at PF is a great Grendel proponent. LW barrels had their issues. I had a great one, but others didn't have such good luck. They were button rifled barrels, and AA always offered other barrels at different price points.

Most people don't know who makes the barrels for other companies. Who makes the barrels that Wilson uses, or who makes the barrels for Centurion Arms, or who makes the barrels for Seekins Precision? PF is one of the exceptions to the rule, not the industry standard. Heck, who makes Rock River barrels?

If they use a barrel that is accurate, who cares? If its not accurate, send it back! I've never heard of AA refusing to replace any barrel that didn't meet expectations. (But I've never heard of too many barrels being sent back, either!)o

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

Custom rifle shops will often tell you what barrel they are using, whereas manufacturers won't. That's pretty standard across the industry. When I order a custom rifle from GA Precision, we discuss what barrel blank they will start with.

When you buy a rifle from a manufacturer, there are only specifications.

Rifle manufacturers have learned not to share their sources openly because they don't want competitors digging into their vendors, and increasing demand on that stream.
                  NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                  X