X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

The Firearm Blog has a new piece up on the Ulfberht.
    Ulf….what?Only Alexander Arms would name their semi-auto .338 Lapua Magnum rifle with an unpronounceable ancient Viking name.Ulfberht is a type of mythical Viking sword that were carried by few high ranking Viking elites and chieftains.The .338 Lapua Magnum cartridge was specifically developed by Lapua for long range sniper and target rifles.
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

That Ulberht looks nice, but then again I want one of everything!
      It's a disease, Klem. It's a disease. I had similar thoughts about the Ulfberht when I shot it in Utah. Oh! The joy of seeing solid impacts at 1,100+ yards. I shot $20 worth of ammo in under 15 seconds. But then I had that moment of reflection where the little voice in my head (sounds amazingly like my wife) asked; "Outside the range, what will you use it for?" That was the end of my fantasy.
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Buster
        Warrior
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Klem
        What's also impressive is watching the powder level drop in the Chargemaster hopper every time 90grains gets thrown. Mesmerising.
        For some reason, I found this statement really amusing!

Comment

• Buster
          Warrior
          • Mar 2012

That's awesome dude! Keep on doing what you're doing

Comment

• Nukes
            Banned
            • Sep 2014

...and there is the atrocious inaccuracy of the Barrett semi.

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Klem
              Seeing we are discussing 338LM use outside the military.

I have a half share in a 338L bolt gun. We tried it on kangaroos one evening while spotlighting. Had high hopes it would cut them clean in half at 200M etc, etc. Getting ready for the impressive explosion of pink mist. A mob of three or four come into view, BOOM! ($2.50) "Missed?, go again." BOOM! ($5.00) Missed? BOOM ($7.50)...The roo's were being hit, but hopping off to die somewhere else. The rounds were going clean through and out the other side without the kinetic shock of lesser calibres. We had a few different loads and tried them all, including 225gn SST's through to 300gn monoliths. Never used it hunting again.

We take it out and shoot gongs with it on the range every now and then. It's impressive the damage to steel but the rest of the time it sits in the safe. The rounds are $10.00 factory each here but we've managed to get it down to $2.50 each by re-loading. What's also impressive is watching the powder level drop in the Chargemaster hopper every time 90grains gets thrown. Mesmerising.

No doubt it works nicely on elephants but back to hunting with 223 and ballistic tips.

That Ulberht looks nice, but then again I want one of everything!
              If you want to cut Roos in half, .50 BMG with custom swaged frangibles will be your huckleberry!

Corbin used to make a swage set that will let you take .300 Winmag brass and swage them into frangible .50 projectiles. You fill the brass with #12 lead shot, insert in die, and hey presto a frangible ICBM comes out the other side of the process. I never got around to buying the swage set, but I've seen pics of the results on Havelina pigs. They are truly explosive!
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Working...
              X