• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sniper338
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

Grendel mags? or 6.8 mag?

I need to go ahead and get a mag that works for the grendel better than a 223 mag... i only want a 5 round mag.... ive heard 6.8 apc mags work better than grendel mags? And read a 6.8 mag give more length for seating bullets...

i think my seating depth is 2.295??? Its dead max length in my 5 round 223 mag
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I've never used 6.8 SPC mags but I have ASC & C Products 5 & 10 round mags which have always worked. My 5 round magazine only holds 4 rounds and my 10 round only easily accept 9 rounds. I don't have or tried any of the C Products Defense mags or the new 25 round Elander mags. I have never tried to load my cartridges that long as my chamber will not accept cartridges seated that long.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
      Chieftain
      • May 2012

Unless your going to use a 68 lower with according mags your not really going to gain much more length in any mag as they are limited by the mag well just go with a grendel mag
      Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Sniper338
        Warrior
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
        Unless your going to use a 68 lower with according mags your not really going to gain much more length in any mag as they are limited by the mag well just go with a grendel mag

Sounds good

what brand mag is the best quality?

Comment

• jurassic
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

I like the C-Products 10 rounder, stainless, very nice finish and mine work.

Comment

• Sniper338
            Warrior
            • Dec 2014

Ok

Comment

• stanc
              Banned
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Sniper338 View Post
              I need to go ahead and get a mag that works for the grendel better than a 223 mag... i only want a 5 round mag.... ive heard 6.8 apc mags work better than grendel mags? And read a 6.8 mag give more length for seating bullets...

i think my seating depth is 2.295??? Its dead max length in my 5 round 223 mag
              PRI 6.8 mags reportedly allow 2.30" cartridge OAL.

Mark at Precision Firearms says the PRI mags work fine with 6.5 Grendel ammo. http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...l=1#post103995

Comment

• Sniper338
                Warrior
                • Dec 2014

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                PRI 6.8 mags reportedly allow 2.30" cartridge OAL.

Mark at Precision Firearms says the PRI mags work fine with 6.5 Grendel ammo. http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...l=1#post103995

Haha thats the thread i got the 6.8 idea from... just didnt know who mark was...

Comment

Working...
                X