X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Whelon, It looks like the type II Grendel idea. Are you sure you want this? I know the price looks good...
    Last edited by sneaky one; 01-09-2015, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• 65Whelen
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by lead chucker View Post
      I like it, good looking rifle. Is it carbine or mid gas system? I'm thinking about cutting one down to 13 or 13.5" with a carbine rail to save weight.
      It has a carbine gas length system. I'm assuming you mean handguard when you mention "carbine rail to save weight". I like the 12" handguard because it give the BUIS a longer sight radius. It only adds an ounce over a 9" handgaurd.
      Last edited by 65Whelen; 01-10-2015, 03:13 AM.

Comment

• 65Whelen
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
        Whelon, It looks like the type II Grendel idea. Are you sure you want this? I know the price looks good...
        Well I have the barrel, now it's how do I make the best of it? It'll make a great brush gun. All I have to do is get it to function and some decent accuracy. What can go wrong lol.

Not sure what you mean by "type II Grendel idea"? splan me.

Comment

• am4966
          Chieftain
          • Jul 2014

I like that color combo, I'm going to build a 18" Grendel in that color scheme after I finish my SBR FDE! Have you thought about seeing if Mark at PF can fix the chamber so you can shoot factory ammo? Or are you OK with the situation?
          12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
          Surge - Rugged Suppressor
          Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• 65Whelen
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
            I like that color combo, I'm going to build a 18" Grendel in that color scheme after I finish my SBR FDE! Have you thought about seeing if Mark at PF can fix the chamber so you can shoot factory ammo? Or are you OK with the situation?
            I did emailed PF and asked about the fixing chamber, unfortunately because the barrel is chrome lined they can't do anything. I do my own reloading so now it's see what works and what doesn't.

I like the OD Green, the only problem each vendor has a different idea of what OD Green is. Magpul, MI, BCM all have different shades. I thinking of doing my own camo job on it, would be a fun project.

Comment

Working...
            X