• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lrgrendel
    Warrior
    • Jul 2013

Got a delivery today!

Got these in the mail today. The buffer was already mentioned in another post.

Just wondering if anyone has any comments on the monopod. Also there are 3 positions on the PRS stock to put the monopod. Which one and why? I am 6'3" probably most rearward?

Also just put a Timney Calvin Elite on a Remington 700. It seems to have a tiny bit of "creep" before it breaks. Would also appreciate any comments on my new trigger. Only dry fired it but will test all 3 of my additions tomorrow.
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

I have one for the 24 inch and it works great used it and like shooting at the range with it. I put mine on the rear that way I just push the button and flip it forward and do not worry about screwing it back down to bottom again (just the way I did it/do it) mine works fine. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• Drifter
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by lrgrendel View Post

Just wondering if anyone has any comments on the monopod. Also there are 3 positions on the PRS stock to put the monopod. Which one and why? I am 6'3" probably most rearward?
      Be sure to watch this vid regarding use of the monopod:

Drifter

Comment

• lrgrendel
        Warrior
        • Jul 2013

Excellent video, thanks. Great point on method to shoot timed matches!

Comment

• lrgrendel
          Warrior
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by lrgrendel View Post
          Got these in the mail today. The buffer was already mentioned in another post.

Also just put a Timney Calvin Elite on a Remington 700. It seems to have a tiny bit of "creep" before it breaks. Would also appreciate any comments on my new trigger. Only dry fired it but will test all 3 of my additions tomorrow.
          Buffer and trigger worked real well. Not sure about the monopod.....
          Rock steady vertically but not so much horizontally. Anyone have any ideas??

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

Not convinced on the monopod, either. I'm also 6'3". I still like my bags better. I'm still giving it some time, but bags seem much more stable than the monopod, even at minimal extension.

Comment

• lrgrendel
              Warrior
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
              Not convinced on the monopod, either. I'm also 6'3". I still like my bags better. I'm still giving it some time, but bags seem much more stable than the monopod, even at minimal extension.
              Somebody in my club suggested putting a low flat bag under the monopod....
              we will see!

Comment

• Slappy
                Warrior
                • Feb 2014

I work mine into some type of crack or into some type of indent or on a scrap piece of towel/rag and it works great. One thing I did notice is that on windy days it will blow over to one side so I do not leave it up anymore when I leave my shooting position. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• lead chucker
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2014

I use bags for the bench, but love the mono pod in the field. Works great!

Comment

Working...
                  X