cases ejecting 3 feet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cases ejecting 3 feet?

I'm fianally getting my McGowen 6.5 BPC to shoot really good, it cycles good and the brass looks good. The only thing that concerns me is that my spent brass only goes about 3 feet upon ejection. If my rifle is pointed at 12 o'clock, the brass is right at the 3 o'clock position 3 feet away. I have a adjustable gas block and I can open it up to increase the gas pressure if needed. What do you guys think?

Sorry but I don't have any targets to show you but tonight I set up at 100 yds and was shooting 1" groups with my 6X night vision scope. I'm am happy with that. Shooting factory Hornady 123 gr. A-Max.

Here are a few pics:
    Attached Files
  • Clod Stomper

If it's reliable and locking the bolt back on the last round, I'd consider it a good thing. It's easier to find your brass. How is the felt recoil? Is it pretty soft or sharp? If it feels pretty soft, you have your bolt carrier moving just fast enough to do the job of extracting and ejecting your brass.

However, you may be on the edge between function and malfunction. If you get short-stroking or the BCG isn't catching the bolt catch on the last round, you'll have to open up the gas adjustment a bit.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by Clod Stomper View Post
      If it's reliable and locking the bolt back on the last round, I'd consider it a good thing. It's easier to find your brass. How is the felt recoil? Is it pretty soft or sharp? If it feels pretty soft, you have your bolt carrier moving just fast enough to do the job of extracting and ejecting your brass.

However, you may be on the edge between function and malfunction. If you get short-stroking or the BCG isn't catching the bolt catch on the last round, you'll have to open up the gas adjustment a bit.

Will
      Well said. 3ft ejection sounds nice to me, but watch what happens over time. Many shooters who re-load for the AR15 prefer a short ejection path, and will even modify their ejector spring to achieve this.

Comment

Working...
      X