Lilja AR740 Original GB... Shouldn't have sold her.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Lilja AR740 Original GB... Shouldn't have sold her.

As most know I sold the Grendel Rifle I built with the AR740. The gentlemen sent me these pictures after his first range trip.

4 shots at 100 yards, with factory Hornady 123 SST.

He's still awaiting activation, or it'd be him posting this rubbing it in. HAHA

Here's the link to the For Sale Thread.
    UPPER SPF As many know by now the Lilja Barrel Chambers neck wasn't within the SAAMI Spec (~.296") and the throat is on the long side. So I've decided to sell one of rifles from the group buy. I've seen reports of these shooting sub moa with hand loads. I've put ~65 rounds of factory Hornady SST/AMAX and got 1.00"
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
  • burkew23
    Warrior
    • May 2013

Ouch!!

Talk about seller's regret. At least you have a Lilja SBR in your near future

Comment

• Jakal
      Warrior
      • May 2014

Just got my Lilja AR740 last week, was told it is the correct specs. Will be finishing the upper in the next 2 weeks, have a crap-load of parts in process of shipping. Hopefully it will shoot as good as this one.
      Last edited by Jakal; 07-26-2014, 02:48 AM.
      ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
        Warrior
        • Oct 2012

That is awesome! Would you mind giving some pointers on what you did to get those results? Did you need to lap the Seekins upper? Did you use the Geissele tool to put the barrel in or an ordinary upper clamshell clamp, etc.

Plus, condolences...but I am sure you will love the project you are working on anyway...and you will probably more than happy with that.

: )

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

That is a sweet shooting tube for sure.
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• cory
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by KentuckyBuddha View Post
            That is awesome! Would you mind giving some pointers on what you did to get those results? Did you need to lap the Seekins upper? Did you use the Geissele tool to put the barrel in or an ordinary upper clamshell clamp, etc.

Plus, condolences...but I am sure you will love the project you are working on anyway...and you will probably more than happy with that.

: )
            It went to a good home. It was someones first Grendel. That helps ease the pain. haha

No lapping. I did use a brownells tool. Wish I would have spent a little more and got the geissele tool. Nothing against the brownells tool, I just like to have the best tool available.

I did torque everything to spec. I used a barrel nut grease from (insert resident evil sounding company name here) AR building company. The name of the company escapes me.

I didn't break it in. Just shot about 25 at a range session, cleaned the barrel good, about 25 more rounds at another range session then cleaned it good again. All Hornady factory ammo.

Comment

• Kikn
              Warrior
              • Nov 2011

The umbrella company!?

Comment

• Variable
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Umbrella Corporation.LOL http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ms-grease.html
                Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2012

Apparently the Umbrella stuff is unobtainium, but Amazon has the shell stuff but in a LOL 14oz tube.

Comment

• cory
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Kikn View Post
                    The umbrella company!?
                    Originally posted by Variable View Post
                    That's it. Thanks! HAHA

Comment

• Jakal
                      Warrior
                      • May 2014

For barrel nut grease, you can use Coastal Moly EP grease, obtainable from almost any car parts store. Napa, Autozone etc... A little dab will do ya and a 1 pound can will last quite awhile, unless you turn AR's out at an extremely high rate!

""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• aclark
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2011

That's great. I hope mine can do that. I shot about 10 test fire rounds along with a buddy of mine that had never shot an AR. Put them at about Quarter size from 50 yards, without sighting in. Just haven't had time to push the distance out any further. Maybe in Aug sometime.

Comment

Working...
                        X