Saod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saod

I am a newbie to thes forum and I have a question and this forum seems the most likely place to get an answer. I just bought a SAOD upper. Does anyone know what chamber it has, Grendel, LBC, SAOD. I bought it as a Grendel but now I'm not so sure. SAOD's website only lists LBC & SAOD. I gather the only differences are in throat dimensions. If anyone here has any experience with SAOD you might shed some light on the subject.

Bob

Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Bob, the easiest way to get your answer is contact SAOD.

I understand that the chamber they use is a .295 compound throat chamber, but that is simply what I have read elswhere on the internet, and is certainly not authoritative.

Welcome to the boards!

Comment

This is the official word from SAOD on the differences between the 6.5 SAOD and .264 LBC-AR chambers.

Originally posted by SAOD Sales Group
      Sir,

The .264 LBC and the 6.5 SAOD both have a .295 neck, although the 6.5 SAOD has more taper to it.

The .264 LBC has a .120 free bore which is a good choice for longer heavier bullets to be used, shorter bullets accuracy can suffer or require more hand loading for accuracy.

The 6.5 SAOD has a double angle throat which shoots all bullets very well.

We normally suggest the 6.5 SAOD for a shooter who needs a chamber to fit a wide variety of bullets for reloading.

With regards,

SAOD Sales group

Comment

Working...
      X