• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanc
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Chrome-lined barrels

Any companies other than AA offering upper assemblies with 14.5" and/or 16" chrome-lined barrels?
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

You might find a leftover upper or barrel from Sabre Defence.

Here's a 16" barrel:

Rainier Arms specializes in high-end AR15 parts, AR15 accessories, AR15 grips, AR15 stocks, AR15 uppers, AR15 lowers, AR15 barrels and much more...
    Drifter

Comment

Doublestar/J&T Distributing offers chrome lining as an option in their 16" tube.

Comment

Templar offers cut rifled match grade bbls that are Melonited, awesome accuracy and so hard a finish they will probably outlast a chrome lined.

Stan, that would probably serve your needs better, non of the accuracy loss you get with a chrome lined bbl.

You know how it is, some chrome lined can shoot great, some are not so good.

Comment

• jwilson1985

ya i would not get a chrome lined .try lokiweaponsystems.com mine is a sainless fluted i have pix on here all of their barels are nitrited which is alot more consistent then chrome lining

Comment

• pinzgauer
            Warrior
            • Mar 2011

JT is a carbine length, so no help there. But does offer Chrome lined as an option.

Comment

• bwaites
              • Mar 2011

Satern did not supply the chrome lined barrels. The chrome lined AA barrels are manufactured specifically for AA, to their specifications, by a specialty manufacturer. Satern itself builds ONLY cut rifled barrels, generally in stainless.

Cut rifling would be ridiculous in a chrome lined barrel, for obvious reasons, since all the supposed advantages of cut rifling would be negated by the chrome lining after the fact.

AA uses multiple different barrel manufacturers, and at times had used Sabre as one of its chrome lined suppliers, but Sabre was never the ONLY supplier for AA.

Comment

• stanc
                Banned
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                Satern did not supply the chrome lined barrels. The chrome lined AA barrels are manufactured specifically for AA, to their specifications, by a specialty manufacturer.

AA uses multiple different barrel manufacturers, and at times had used Sabre as one of its chrome lined suppliers, but Sabre was never the ONLY supplier for AA.
                Thanks for that info, Bill. Much appreciated. That makes me feel a whole lot better about ordering an upper from AA.

Now, if only there were news about the Wolf FMJ ammo...

Comment

• bwaites
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                  Thanks for that info, Bill. Much appreciated. That makes me feel a whole lot better about ordering an upper from AA.

Now, if only there were news about the Wolf FMJ ammo...
                  News....you want news? Its eastern "urrup", there ain't no news.....

I mean it has to be made there, then put in a box, then the box has to be picked up by a third world shipper, then the third world shipper has to get it to a port, then it has to run through customs, then it has to be lifted onto a boat, then the boat has to be fueled, then the boat has to pay the port tax, then the boat has to pay the export tax, then the boat has to pay the leaving port tax, then the boat has to find a crew, then the crew has to get the boat to start, then the boat has to pay the harbormaster fee (oops, bribe I mean) then the boat has to pull out of port, then it has to cross three thousand miles of ocean without getting lost, then it has to find the US port, then the harbormaster has to let it dock, then the boat has to pay the import fees, then the boat has to get offloaded, then the box has to get through US customs, then the new shipper has to pick it up, then it has to find its way to AA.

I mean, in todays world, its amazing we ever get anything!

BTW....Wolf is working on it!

Comment

Working...
                  X