• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cst
    Warrior
    • Jan 2014

which buffer is everyone using?

I'm just checking on what buffer weight everyone here is using for a carbine setup... any better function? brass life?
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I have been using a 16" 6.5 Grendel with six position Collapsable stock with a carbine buffer and spring. I switched to an H-2 buffer and started having extraction issues. I switched back to the factory carbine buffer and spring and No malfunctions since. I tried a T-2 buffer in my 20" Shilen AR 6.5 Grendel with adjustable gas block. I didn't need the T-2 and and I am using a stock buffer and spring in my six position Collapsable PSA stock.

Comment

• Michael
      Warrior
      • Jan 2012

Enidine in my Grendel.
      I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
      - Voltaire

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Standard buffers and springs in both Carbine Length and Rifle Length systems.

Ejector mod solved the dented mouths.

Brass life? still haven't reloaded enough to know. One of my lots is on its 5th loading. The only loss I've experienced was from some little eager beaver 9 year old with his dad, scrounging all the interesting pieces of brass he saw.
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Crippleshot1
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
          Standard buffers and springs in both Carbine Length and Rifle Length systems.

Ejector mod solved the dented mouths.

Brass life? still haven't reloaded enough to know. One of my lots is on its 5th loading. The only loss I've experienced was from some little eager beaver 9 year old with his dad, scrounging all the interesting pieces of brass he saw.
          That not funny but it funny. I bet your still biting your tongue trying not to let em have a few good words. Lol

I'm using std rifle buffer, JP tuned rifle spring with semi auto carrier and adjustable gas block on a 18" MLGS barrel. I still get bent case mouth with minimum for cycling gas block adjustment so will have to do a little ejector tuning to calm the violent case flip during ejection. Then I will have dent free cases landing on the table. I hope.
          Last edited by Crippleshot1; 04-22-2014, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Crippleshot1 View Post
            That not funny but it funny. I bet your still biting your tongue trying not to let em have a few good words. Lol

I'm using std rifle buffer, JP tuned rifle spring with semi auto carrier and adjustable gas block on a 18" MLGS barrel. I still get bent case mouth with minimum for cycling gas block adjustment so will have to do a little ejector tuning to calm the violent case flip during ejection. Then I will have dent free cases landing on the table. I hope.
            Yeah - I was kicking myself for not getting to them sooner. Saw the little varmint picking up the odd piece, earlier. I'd walked down to check a target before collecting my brass. When I started down range, I noticed that they were all there, at 4 o'clock, in a neat little pile you could cover with a trash can lid. I got back and picked them up (those that were left). I didn't notice the shortage until the 'beaver' had left with his dad. Lesson there is to point out to lane neighbors that I save the stuff. So many shooters just leave their brass, so reloaders seem to be the exception.
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

I use H2 in a MLGS 16" Carbine with .078" gas port diameter.

Comment

• LongRanger

I use JP Enterprises silent captured spring buffers and adjustable gas blocks set about 1/4 to 1/2 turn further out from locking back on an empty magazine. No bent brass and brass piles up around the 3 to 4 o'clock position about 6 feet out from my bench.

Comment

• cst
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2014

can you compensate for the buffer weight with an adjustable gas block?...in otherwords.,if you have a light buffer then you need to restrict the block more???

Comment

• 81police
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2013

I run a JP silent capture...it feels like shooting a bolt gun.

Support page for warranty, service, and returns
                    John 11:25-26

Comment

• pds
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2012

JP silent capture spring in my new Lilja build.

pds

Comment

• Blacklab
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2012

Vltor H-3 mid length
                        Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

I use a standard rifle buffer with a Wolff "Extra Power" spring.

Comment

• wheelguner
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2011

Plus one on the JP Enterprises silent captured spring buffers in both of my Grendels. I purchased the spring kit, but the std spring is running fine so haven't changed them.

Comment

• rasp65
                              Warrior
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by cst View Post
                              can you compensate for the buffer weight with an adjustable gas block?...in otherwords.,if you have a light buffer then you need to restrict the block more???
                              I originally used a standard carbine buffer in my 18" AA Grendel barrel with a JP adjustable gas block. But I noticed a lot of bolt bounce when I did a high speed video of the action cycling. There was some discussion about this at the time and there was a fellow that was involved in making muzzle brakes and other parts for AA. He said that the ideal buffer weight for a carbine is 152 grams in the Grendel he called it H3G. I contacted him and purchased the body and weight for the buffer. I added the new buffer and found I had to open the gas block almost fully but it took care of the bolt bounce.

Comment

Working...
                              X