• Buster
    Warrior
    • Mar 2012

Is 6.5 Grendel the New 300 Blackout?

See what others think HERE
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

God I hope not. I like to think the Grendel is a useful round. HAHA just kidding kinda.

evoked Anglo-Saxon epic poetry when fired
    I love it!
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Well, I guess some could say a game of leap frog is afoot.

Tortise and the Hare?

Ah yes, the difference in major company marketing power and small business fiscal and time constraints.

Gee, that might actually might mean we got to rename the cartridge the 6.5 Tortise ad keep on truckin!!!

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
        Warrior
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
        Well, I guess some could say a game of leap frog is afoot.

Tortise and the Hare?

Ah yes, the difference in major company marketing power and small business fiscal and time constraints.

Gee, that might actually might mean we got to rename the cartridge the 6.5 Tortise ad keep on truckin!!!
        Considering it is the Hannah Montana of cartridges...that eventually would....TWERK! lolz

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by cory View Post
          God I hope not. I like to think the Grendel is a useful round.
          Ha! Damn, cory, I owe you a beer!

John
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• FlatsFlite
            Bloodstained
            • Nov 2013

Nope, the 6.8 is probably going be the bandwagon, this year and next.

Comment

• cory
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by HANKA View Post
              Ha! Damn, cory, I owe you a beer!

John
              Be advised, I'm not one to leave a beer offer on the table.
              "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• explorecaves

Originally posted by cory View Post
                Be advised, I'm not one to leave a beer offer on the table.
                He never specified a size….

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2012

Considering the blackout has been around for 20 some years as the 300 whisper and everyone seems to forget when looking at it that the blackout is not realy designed to compete with any of the mid range rifle cartidges out there, it was designed to compete with the 9mm in the form of a suppresed ar15 firing a 240+ grain bullets vs mp5sd and the same gun can fire a lighter supersonic bullet aprochang the performance of the 7.62x39 but that part has become the pivotal marketing point for selling it

As far as Grendel becoming the next bandwagon, game on if in gets another ammo manufactor to throw their hat in the ring all the better it's not like the existing factory ammo supplies are meeting demand but I would love to see Winchester start loading for it they make good brass...not that I would complain about remington or federal jumping in to the mix...
                  Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Buster
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
                    As far as Grendel becoming the next bandwagon, game on if in gets another ammo manufactor to throw their hat in the ring all the better it's not like the existing factory ammo supplies are meeting demand but I would love to see Winchester start loading for it they make good brass...not that I would complain about remington or federal jumping in to the mix...
                    I'm with you on a major ammo maker stepping up to the plate....hell, I've even make my desires known to mom & pop ammo makers like UNDERWOOD AMMO, who makes Beowulf ammo......but to no avail..

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                      Chieftain
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by Buster View Post
                      I'm with you on a major ammo maker stepping up to the plate....hell, I've even make my desires known to mom & pop ammo makers like UNDERWOOD AMMO, who makes Beowulf ammo......but to no avail..
                      The problem with the small companies is they are reliant on components from other companies what we need is another manufacture of components to steep up the plate hornady isn't able to keep up with demand and wolf has its own issues
                      Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Buster
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
                        The problem with the small companies is they are reliant on components from other companies what we need is another manufacture of components to steep up the plate hornady isn't able to keep up with demand and wolf has its own issues
                        I hear ya, but Underwood seems to be the only ones with in-stock Beowulf ammo (228 boxes) at the moment..

Comment

• hidesert cowboy
                          Unwashed
                          • Jan 2014

I always thought the grendel was way more popular than the beowulf am I wrong?? The problem with the grendel is getting stuff for it. Barrels are hard to get and expensive. Ammo is just about impossible to get. I see alot more 6.8 spc stuff. The thing about the 6.8 that is lost on most people is its simply a harder hitting 5.56. Thats a great thing don't get me wrong. The grendel gives you that and way better long range performance than the 6.8 or 5.56

Comment

• Tedward
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Buster View Post
                            I hear ya, but Underwood seems to be the only ones with in-stock Beowulf ammo (228 boxes) at the moment..
                            I sent another e-mail to them today and told the owner to get some Grendel into production and they could sell a crap load. I've been talking to them for 5 months and no movement.

Comment

• Tedward
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2013

The only thing is I don't see any bullets to go in the 200 gr area. They make short 7" barrels for Grendel that would be great for subsonic if you could fine 200 to 230 gr bullets and still pack way more powder and use the Grendel II chamber to give it more OAL.. http://saternmachining.com/barrels_on_hand

Comment

Working...
                              X