Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DirectDrive

Muzzle Threading

What is the reason behind 9/16 - 24RH muzzle threads on some of the Grendel barrels ?
    Are there any drawbacks to 5/8 - 24 muzzle threads on a Grendel ?

My searching did not yield any definitive answers.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

1) To avoid the accidental use of 5.56 muzzle devices.

2) None that I can find, other than being aware what is avaiable and effective for the Grendel.

Comment

• Clod Stomper

The 9/16x24 muzzle devices (in my experience) are smaller diameter. I have a Smith Vortex on an AA Shaw barrel (9/16) and it blends in nicely. I have a 5/8x24 YHM flash suppressor on another barrel and it looks like a huge weight hanging off the end (more than an extra 1/16"). I have no experience with other brands, so I have no idea if they are similar.

Will

Comment

• DirectDrive

Originally posted by Clod Stomper View Post
        The 9/16x24 muzzle devices (in my experience) are smaller diameter. I have a Smith Vortex on an AA Shaw barrel (9/16) and it blends in nicely. I have a 5/8x24 YHM flash suppressor on another barrel and it looks like a huge weight hanging off the end (more than an extra 1/16"). I have no experience with other brands, so I have no idea if they are similar.

Will
        Yep, I'm deducting that 9/16" is more "in scale" with Grendel. Maybe some of these are 5.56 pieces reworked.
        I could see where a compensator for .308 (5/8") might not be as effective for 6.5

Comment

Working...
        X