• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for Grendel Bolts and Extractors

www.undergroundtactical.com
    Facebook Presence: www.facebook.com/undergroundarms
    picture of bolts made
    select photos

like the company if you are interested in their servvices.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-26-2013, 07:35 PM. Reason: corecting format
  • XcountryRider

They already produced a 1000 Grendel bolts and sold 500 to Satern which is what they are currently shipping barrels with right now. Those that got in on the Liberty barrel buy will get these bolts as part of the package. I talked to them and they are excited about getting into the Grendel and soon will be offering Grendel bolts. complete BCG's and grendel uppers and complete rifles. Looks 2014 is going to be a good year for the Grendel!!

Last edited by Guest; 12-27-2013, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• skyfish
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

I like that upper, may get one of those.

Can't wait to get my barrel, I've heard maybe a month. We'll see. (Fingers crossed)

Comment

• Tedward
        Banned
        • Feb 2013

Ok, now I understand the post on the Liberty Barrel buy. Good to see this!! They must have been lurking because this is the first I've seen on it, Good Find!!!

Comment

Source for Grendel Bolts and Extractors - Update

Talked to Underground Tactical today, They said that they should have bolts completed in about 2-3 weeks. Also, they are going to make Nickel Boron bolts and extractors starting sometime in January. They are going to use the High Tensile Nickel Boron process like WMD Guns and UCT Coating Exo Process (Fail Zero) He also indicated that starting 2014 they would be the sole supplier for Satern Machining for Grendel bolts. Looks like they will be a good source of Grendel and Beowulf bolts (They are the same) in the future. Looks like they can produce bolts and extractors with a decent turn around time. They indicated that they made 1000 bolts in three days. so it looks like the machine shop is equipped to handle a good amount of capacity.

keep them on speed dial.
          Last edited by Guest; 12-27-2013, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• bigbear_98
            Warrior
            • Aug 2013

I called today too. It sounds like they have it figured out. The guys were real friendly, helpful, and seem to know what they are talking about. Can't wait.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

Very cool news!

John
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• customcutter

That is good news. Still trying to determine the difference in a "hard use" bolt, and a normal bolt?

Comment

What's the bolt face depth on them?

OAL?

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post

OAL?
                    Standard Grendel/Beowulf bolt face .136

Comment

• dmsims21
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2012

Did they make the bolt longer so a standard firing pin will have the proper protrusion?
                      www.FriendsvillePrecision.com - AR15 Dry Fire Device

Comment

• NugginFutz
                        Chieftain
                        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by dmsims21 View Post
                        Did they make the bolt longer so a standard firing pin will have the proper protrusion?
                        Yes - that is accounted for in the overall length of the bolt.
                        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

From Steven at Alexander Arms

REifference between regular grendel bolt and hard use bolt

Thank you for contacting us. The difference between the two is that the hard-use bolt assembly features relief-cut bolt lug as well as the Ionbond protective coating. Both are designed to increase durability and prevent wear in hard-use conditions
                          Last edited by Guest; 12-28-2013, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X