Introducing the Rocky Mountain Reloading 6.5 Grendel upper (Seekins + Shilen barrel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • longdayjake

Introducing the Rocky Mountain Reloading 6.5 Grendel upper (Seekins + Shilen barrel)

Okay so I know that these pictures aren't the best, but I just couldn't wait. We have been waiting on these barrels for about 5 months now and they just came in. What you see here is two options. The first option is shown with a Seekins Billet upper, Seekins adjustable gas block, Seekins midlength melonite black gas tube, Seekins SP3R 15" or 12" handguard, Seekins muzzle brake/comp, 18" Match Shilen barrel with matching bolt from Shilen, Complete BCG, and an aluminum charging handle. We will be selling this complete upper for about $1,500.

The other is the same barrel/bolt/BCG, gas tube, and comp/brake, but the upper is a plain jane forged upper with a normal low profile gas block and the 13" Troy Alpha Rail. Not sure yet what it will cost but it should be at least $200 cheaper.

The seekins parts will look pretty similar to these .300 Blackout uppers only two inches longer.

Anyone interested?

Also, anyone know what the twist rate on the Shilen barrels is? I figured they would stamp it on the barrel but they didn't. Shilen is closed for a week for Christmas so I can't ask them yet but I would like to get that info on my website.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-23-2013, 10:47 PM.
  • dragbag
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2013

Time frame and concrete price? I am interested in the SP3R.
    Last edited by dragbag; 12-25-2013, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• dragbag
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2013

Also is that the new Low Mass BCG?
      Last edited by dragbag; 12-25-2013, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• griffees23

super interested just what i wanted the 12" awesome

Comment

• Keep The Change
          Warrior
          • Mar 2013

Sweet looking uppers. I love the Seekins Stuff. If I didn't have the Vltor stripped upper under the bed, I would've gotten a Seekins upper to on my Grendel build.

This is off topic, but I'll have a bipod on mine and I like the flat Seekins Hand guard, would anybody be concerned about the strength of the flat bottom with the bi-pod on it after repeated use of plopping the gun down on the bi-pod. It probably shouldn't be an issue, it's not like you're throwing you gun down on the bi-pod abusively. If I'm careful in deploying and setting up even if in a hurry, it shouldn't be a problem. Never mind, dumb question.

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Keep The Change View Post
            Sweet looking uppers. I love the Seekins Stuff. If I didn't have the Vltor stripped upper under the bed, I would've gotten a Seekins upper to on my Grendel build.

This is off topic, but I'll have a bipod on mine and I like the flat Seekins Hand guard, would anybody be concerned about the strength of the flat bottom with the bi-pod on it after repeated use of plopping the gun down on the bi-pod. It probably shouldn't be an issue, it's not like you're throwing you gun down on the bi-pod abusively. If I'm careful in deploying and setting up even if in a hurry, it shouldn't be a problem. Never mind, dumb question.
            I've been watching 3 gun guys hammer them for at least 18 months, and I've not seen one bent yet. I'd bet Seekins would replace it if you bent one under normal use!

Comment

• Keep The Change
              Warrior
              • Mar 2013

Good to know bwaites. I'd feel better buying it. I like the flat bottom idea for the purpose it was designed for, resting on whatever you can to take a shot. I think coupling that with a bipod could be nice for situations that don't allow you to get prone quickly and you rest it on your truck or arm.

Also it could be good for throwing on a sandbag at the range and just take off your bi-pod. I might have just sold myself on the SP3R. haha!

Comment

• longdayjake

Originally posted by dragbag View Post
                Also is that the new Low Mass BCG?
                No, they won't sell their BCG. I wish they would though. Our BCG is just the run of the mill semi auto BCG.

Comment

• longdayjake

Time frame and concrete price? I am interested in the SP3R.
                  We can start shipping immediately. I will put them up on the website tomorrow and they will be the same price as the .300 blackouts.

Comment

• longdayjake

When you see the way it mounts you can see why they wouldn't bend. I think I will have to take a video of how you mount the rail. It is SOOOOO much easier than a typical barrel nut.

Comment

I had the SP3R on a 300BLK SBR, but my can wouldn't fit inside it so I made a trade on it. Trust me, that thing ain't bending or flexing unless you purposefully make it do so. It mounts up 200% easier than your normal free float HG too.

Comment

• longdayjake

We just put 3 of them up on the website. I already have requests for about 4 of them so these three will probably go pretty fast if those that requested them were serious. I have 20 barrels total but I have more of the Billet uppers on backorder. If you still want an upper with just a regular forged upper we can ship them immediately. Otherwise, I'm told we are about two weeks out from having the rest of the billet uppers ready.

Comment

• second strike

not to be too negative but i really don't understand how a company that is assembling uppers can order barrels without knowing what twist they're getting,,and after receiving them not know how to measure twist..that makes me hesitate a bit..i'm sure i missed something and someone will set me straight..

Comment

• longdayjake

The barrel twist is 1-9"
                            Last edited by Guest; 12-28-2013, 02:12 AM.

Comment

• babue
                              Warrior
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by second strike View Post
                              not to be too negative but i really don't understand how a company that is assembling uppers can order barrels without knowing what twist they're getting,,and after receiving them not know how to measure twist..that makes me hesitate a bit..i'm sure i missed something and someone will set me straight..
                              Shilen is one of the top barrel makers in the world, just be able to get a number of their barrel is amazing in it self.
                              I would not worry about what twist a top tier barrel maker was going to use. I think londayjake was elated to just get
                              twenty barrels. I sure would be to get just one. In other words, do not worry about buying a Shilen barrel, it will shoot.

Comment

Working...
                              X