There are some days where checking the mail is a joyous occasion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are some days where checking the mail is a joyous occasion...

Came home hoping to beat the mail man, because I have to sign for my barrel. As luck would have it, the mail ran early. Just my luck. I did get some goodies, though:

Decided to spend the rest of my lunch doing a loose-fit for the parts:

So tomorrow, I will dang sure be here to sign for the barrel. Also expecting the gas block, some mags, and the scope. It is nice to be getting closer to shooting this thing..

Here are the specs:
    • ASA Side Charge Upper/BCG
    • Shadow Ops SHDW-15 Stripped Lower
    • CMC 3.5 lb Trigger
    • MagPul PRS
    • Badger Ord 20 MOA mount
    • Satern 18" bbl
    • Wilson Combat AGB or Noveske SwitchBlock (I have the switchblock from an old build but it may not work, oredered the WC just to be sure)
    • PWS 15" Keymod hand guard
    • Still deciding on muzzle device, will have a SNS 7.62 suppressor on there most of the time
    • Bushnell ET 6-24 FFP - BTR-MIL reticle
    • Atlas BT10
    • Accushot Monopod may or may not be used, I will shoot it first to see if I need it on there.
    • Ergo grip

Complaint about the ASA - No bolt cam pin included. They include the carrier, barrel comes with the bolt. Crap.
    Complaint about the PWS ModKey - Timing the gas tube is a pain. Any advice here would be appreciated. The trunnion is making my night suck.

And an aside - if you sonsabeeches would quit swooping in and snatching brass out from me under on gunbroker at the last minute, it would be appreciated. Got all these bullets, can't get the brass. I'm going to need some ammo shortly. Maybe the dude who is pissed at his Grendel can help me out.
    Last edited by Guest; 11-23-2013, 02:32 AM.
  • Dan
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2013

That's a good looking setup!

Comment

• Walter
      Warrior
      • Jan 2013

What barrel are you getting?

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
        What barrel are you getting?
        Updated the build list in original post.

Comment

• aclark
          Warrior
          • Dec 2011

Wow this is VERY close to what I'm planning with the 20" Lilja I have on order, love that CMC trigger. Good looking stick there. Envious of that upper too!!! Also, just got my book and build box in the mail today too!

Comment

Thanks, Man! I can say this: If you have a 15" handguard and mid-length gas, the Noveske SwitchBlock will not work. So I may be selling that soon for a nice price.

Comment

• aclark
              Warrior
              • Dec 2011

I'm going to do 15", but on a rifle length. Haven't decided which GB yet, but I know I keep seeing the same 3-4 recommended on here.

Comment

Finally got her all together.

Comment

• aclark
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2011

Man that's good lookin! What can you have on there?

Comment

That is click daddy. Beautiful rig all around.

Comment

Thanks guys. The can is from SNS, a local outfit here that does mostly custom work. It's heavy, but more effective than any other I've tried.

Comment

Working...
                      X