Others' Impressions of the Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Others' Impressions of the Grendel

Went to a shooting BBQ today and had a chance for several folks to get behind my Grendel for a test run. Shooting at 4" clay pigeons at 100 and 200 yards, they were all impressed with 1) how accurate it shot and 2) how little recoil it had (of course the WCI brake helped there!). It was also agreed that this will be an awesome hog gun and as soon as I get my suppressor, we'll put it to the test.
    Rifle is a complete AA 20" Hunter w/ Gisselle SSA trigger, Leupold VXIII- 8.5-25x50 scope and bipod. All rounds were shot from the prone postion.

Your rifle is nearly the same setup as one of mine, good choices!

Sounds like everyone had a good time...

I wish I could hog hunt with you, damn we may have white tailed deer that are huge but hunting opportunities are dwindling here.

Comment

Yeah, hogs are going "hog wild" down here. They are almost starting to push deer out in some areas.

Plan to do a Vietnam Tiger Stripe Camo job on it once I get the suppressor.

Comment

Cool, I just made a few changes on mine, I yanked the YHM 4 rail, I used a MK10.

I was then able to lose the lead weight in the A2 stock.

I then went with a gray and coyote woodland/tree bark looking camo job on the FF and stock.

I was going to do my receivers but I really need to do other things first before I pull it apart.

It's a bit detailed but I pull everything apart when I airbrush.

I will take some pics and show you Rick.

This rifle is mostly needed up north in the winter, the trees and brush are all gray and tans

Comment

I spent time from 2003 to 2007 doing some turnarounds in Robinson, Illinois, so I know how it gets up there.

Down here we only have two seasons- rake and mow.

Comment

Working...
          X