• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2013

Moving to KY

I'm moving up to Louisville KY. Anyone from around there to go shooting with?

From near there, but in Texas now. Do you know where you will be living?

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
      Warrior
      • Oct 2012

I may well be back there in middle of 2014. Knob Creek has a 400 yard range near there that is ok. It is a wonderful area for sure...congratulations!

Comment

Louisville is on my bucket list, not for shooting but to check out the best sipping whisky out there.
        Last edited by Guest; 10-17-2013, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
          Warrior
          • Oct 2012

Oddly, the best of it is shipped out and you can't buy it there very easily. Try Elijah Craig single barrel 18 yo. It is both one of the very best and reasonably priced. If you like it super smooth with less tang, look pointlessly for Pappy Van Winkle, and if you shockingly actually find it...pay through the nose.

Comment

Originally posted by KentuckyBuddha View Post
            Oddly, the best of it is shipped out and you can't buy it there very easily. Try Elijah Craig single barrel 18 yo. It is both one of the very best and reasonably priced. If you like it super smooth with less tang, look pointlessly for Pappy Van Winkle, and if you shockingly actually find it...pay through the nose.
            Thanks Buddha for the suggestions, I'll check'em out. Currently I'm enjoying a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel. I've heard they have some goofy laws but I want to hit the "Bourbon Trail" and see how the good stuff is made.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
              Warrior
              • Oct 2012

Definitely see the tour at Jim Beam in Cleremont, KY (while you are there go for a walk in Bernheim Forest), then go to the Oscar Goetz Whiskey Museum in Bardstown at Spalding Hall. Make sure you pm me if ever you go and I will fill you in on all the things you might miss that only the locals know about and where you should eat and stuff like that. Perhaps I will even live there again by then and I would be delighted to show you myself.

I am delighted you are enjoying Four Roses, but there is a long long way up from there, so you are in for a treat. : )

Comment

Dan,
                Sorry for hijacking your thread but I love a good sipping Whisky.

Buddha
                Will definitely let you know when we go down. Thanks for the insight.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2012

Dan, you are of course included too! So, hopefully not so much of a hijack if you think of it that way. : )

Comment

• Dan
                    Bloodstained
                    • Aug 2013

No problem guys!

Comment

Working...
                    X