Other semi auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other semi auto

Not really the first shotgun with AR ergonomics, but it does appear to be much lighter (Ouch!) and have a better mag well than the USAS12, hence much faster to reload:

Nice! I looked at some of the custom guns, they are pricey but nice. These would make a great home defense stick.

Comment

• shooter545
      Warrior
      • Aug 2012

They are showing up in 3 gun matches in Open class. Firebird Precision is doing a custom version for 3 gun.

Comment

If I could go back to myself in time and change any of my firearms purchases, I would advise myself to stay out of scatterguns as much as possible, and put the money toward carry pistols, ammo, AR's, and optics.

That said, I always wanted a USAS-12 with drums, but for military purposes. Some of the South American SOF units had interesting weapon mixes, to include Ultimax 100's and USAS-12's.

Comment

The USAS12's dovetail magazine slot is far from an optimum mag well design. It would take a very long time to master mag changes without needing to look at the slot. Because it is very heavy, perceived recoil is slight. It is very slow cycling. I was very happy when, despite the design shortcomings, someone coveted mine enough to buy it. He figured it was an investment, but I'd bet it barely kept up with the decline of the US dollar.

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
          If I could go back to myself in time and change any of my firearms purchases, I would...
          ...buy anything and everything inexpensively before the MG freeze.
          Last edited by Guest; 08-20-2013, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X