Looking for a good Comp to put on my Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good Comp to put on my Grendel

Does anyone have a recommendation for a comp to put on my AA 6.5 Grendel barrel. I want something that will minimize barrel rise. My barrel is 9/16 x 24 threads I would like stainless. I haven't found many on the internet so far.
  • oklahomaman

The stainless part makes that difficult. I kind of like the looks of this AA brake. http://www.shopalexanderarms.com/Muz...r_9_16-24.html though it is dark.

I just went with a Smith Vortex FH on mine, black on my stainless barrel, actually looks much better than I thought it would. Mind you my Grendel weighs a ton but I haven't felt the need for a MB.

Here's a SS http://www.midwayusa.com/product/927...tainless-steel
    Last edited by Guest; 07-24-2013, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Tedward
      Banned
      • Feb 2013

I used a Comp from Brownells, SHREWD - MUZZLE BRAKE

860-101-424WB S/S Model #4,TPI 9/16"-24 ,

Ready-To-Fit Brakes Enhance Recoil Control Rear of comp can be tapered to blend with barrel contour. .865" Brake is correct outside diameter for Lone Eagle pistols. Furnished with a 6mm exit hole that can be opened up to .44 caliber.

SPECS: 4140 steel, chrome moly (CM), in the white or 416 stainless steel (SS), satin finish. 2-5⁄8" (6.6cm) long. Outside diameter; #01 - .560"?(14.2mm), #1 - .625" (15.8mm), #2 - .700" (17.7mm), #3 - .850" (21.6mm), #4 - 1" (2.5cm), .865" (22mm).

It's only $35.00 and I had it bored to fit my Grendel (.310). There is no wait on them and they have different diameters available. I went with the 1" so it would have more surface for it to work. There isn't a lot of kick with it and it's on the end of my 24" barrel so good weight displacement.

just take a look at there web site but it was hard to find this without the part number....Good Luck

Comment

• oklahomaman

That smaller one really is a looker. Brownell's has been out of everything so much lately I've just about quit checking my wishlists there.

Comment

• Tedward
          Banned
          • Feb 2013

Here is my Grendel with a picture of the 1" Comp. Looks good and functions. I would rather have a JP but rethreading would need done and maybe I'll be shortening this to 20" but for now it will do....

Comment

• hill.brandonj

Man. I absolutely friggin love my WCI. Warped industries brake. I know they made it in SS. What I don't know is how to get a hold of them. Seems like last time (8 months ago) I tried. I did so to no avail. I bought my brake from AA. IT'S AWESOME

Comment

I don't know about availability but WCI brake was offered in titanium. I've got the BWA brake and happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Y85 View Post
                The BWA XComp is great (not in stainless, though)
                http://www.blackweaponsarmory.com/6-...24-thread.html
                I have already emailed them to see if I can get one in stainless. I like the looks. I have a TTO on my 5.56 that is really nice but have not found one is SS.

I like what I hear about the others mentioned here but I am concerned about using a 360* comp. I do some of my shooting prone and would expect to be eating dust after firing in the prone.

Comment

• oklahomaman

It doesn't matter what color, after an afternoon at the range it'll be another color anyway.

Comment

• Tedward
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by wiersy111 View Post
                    I have already emailed them to see if I can get one in stainless. I like the looks. I have a TTO on my 5.56 that is really nice but have not found one is SS.

I like what I hear about the others mentioned here but I am concerned about using a 360* comp. I do some of my shooting prone and would expect to be eating dust after firing in the prone.
                    This one is cool and is SS Polished with Black Two-tone. Looks very cool and I was thinking of one of these a while back for my 556. Don't see it for the Grendel though..

Comment

That would be my first choice if I can get a 6.5 Grendel comp just like it.

Comment

• pds
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2012

Here it is but it appears to be all black not two tone. http://www.blackweaponsarmory.com/bw...24-thread.html

pds

Comment

Originally posted by pds View Post
                          Here it is but it appears to be all black not two tone. http://www.blackweaponsarmory.com/bw...24-thread.html

pds
                          Thats what I want if they can do it two tone. Just waiting to hear back from them.

Comment

• Tedward
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by wiersy111 View Post
                            That would be my first choice if I can get a 6.5 Grendel comp just like it.
                            You can buy the two tone and just have it re-threaded to fit your barrel. Just a matter of money.

Comment

Working...
                            X