Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XcountryRider

Converting 6.8 PRI mages to Grendel

I'm wondering if i could buy a 6.8 PRI mage and just replace the guts with guts from one of my Grendel mags. Would that work? I'm thinking that in the future when i'm reloading fitting those 140gr bergers VLD's in a Grendel mag maybe an issue.

I've read of several guys using the pri 6.8 mags with no mods. IIRC, they were running 10 rounds in a fifteen round mag

Comment

• XcountryRider

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
      I've read of several guys using the pri 6.8 mags with no mods. IIRC, they were running 10 rounds in a fifteen round mag
      I'm in cali and can't run a 15 round mag. What about a 10 round mag running 5?

Comment

• Tedward
        Banned
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by XcountryRider View Post
        stick em in till ya can't fit no more..maybe 7...just don't force the last one. My 10 round Grendel mags only hold 9 and until I modify the follower (shorted the bump stop) I'll just be one short. And my 5 rounder only holds 4 so for some reason manufactures just make things difficult or just make us think on our own...

Comment

That will work too. Try a search with the Grendel cse if you haven't. I don't want to steer you wrong with just my memory!

Comment

• rickOshay
            Warrior
            • Apr 2012

I've got a 10 round PRI 6.8 mag that works fine. Haven't loaded more than 5. You're welcome to try it out.

Comment

I ordered some magazines from C-products that were advertised as 15 round mags. I got them, and they only held 12 rounds. I sent them back, and all the company did was to cut off the bottom of the follower. Needless to say, I was NOT favorably impressed, and have not done business with them since.

Comment

I'm wondering if i could buy a 6.8 PRI mage and just replace the guts with guts from one of my Grendel mags. Would that work? I'm thinking that in the future when i'm reloading fitting those 140gr bergers VLD's in a Grendel mag maybe an issue.
                Like everyone else said some will work with reduced capacity BUT, if you look in from behind the tops and bottoms of the cases do not touch so they will make the mags bulge.

Comment

Working...
                X