• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tedward
    Banned
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by MrDraco View Post
    I've heard their 25 round mags are inconsistent. I have AR Stoner mags that I bought from Midway and I've never had an issue with them. They have some 10 round mags in stock if this is what you are looking for. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/357...ss-steel-black
    They look exactly the same. AR- Stoner is Midways house brand and they don't make anything. I bet they but them from C-products. Take a follower off of your AR-Stoner and look at it, see if it is stamped CProducts. I just ordered one from Midway and will be back to you in a week on this....Also here is a picture of both. no difference from the photo but I'll look closer when I get one.

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

ALL (AA, CProducts, ASC, AR Stoner) Grendel mags are made by ASC, which owns the original dies that CProducts, (the original company) made and used. QC seems to have improved, though. The follower was worked on by Bill Alexander. I've seen the same exact follower used for 6.8, but in a different color.

There is ONE exception. I have heard that the new CProducts Defense is making Grendel mags which are identical to the old C Products, but I haven't been able to get any for comparison. They are using a blue follower for the Grendel and a gray follower for the 6.8, but they appear identical in pictures. The mags have EXACTLY the same weight spec, down to 1/100th of an ounce, so I'm betting they are the same as well.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
        Chieftain
        • May 2012

I did some measurements earlier with a gen 3 20rd pmag compaired to an AA 25 rd mag if you were to remove the back rib out of the pmag and open up the feed lips then mod a Grendel fallower to fit into the pmag i think it could work...
        Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

Thanks, I ordered the limit of two (whoopee, count them, two) AR-Stoner 10-rounders. I'll check 'em out. Thanks for the lead.

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
            I did some measurements earlier with a gen 3 20rd pmag compaired to an AA 25 rd mag if you were to remove the back rib out of the pmag and open up the feed lips then mod a Grendel fallower to fit into the pmag i think it could work...
            Someone tried that, no joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nukes View Post
              Hmmmm... "tweaking the feed lips" sounds like a mechanical disaster. :-(
              Mmmmmm...She sounds like fun!

Comment

• Ridgerider

Dont know how many times I have to post it but if you use a 20 round P mag it will feed without any mods whatsoever but you can only put 10-12 rounds in it

Comment

• babaganoush
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Ridgerider View Post
                  Dont know how many times I have to post it but if you use a 20 round P mag it will feed without any mods whatsoever but you can only put 10-12 rounds in it
                  That's been my experience as well. All the feeding issues I've experienced have been related to gas issues (the rifle's, not mine), and a tweaked upper.

I've used Stoner, ASC and PMags nearly interchangeably.
                  "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Working...
                  X