• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redraider
    Warrior
    • May 2012

sling opinions

Hi Guys,

Give me your opinions on which sling I should put on my Grendel. No real important reasons for sling other than basic use. My Grendel has no way (as yet) to attach a sling, you are welcome to make those suggestions as well.

Thanks

Redraider
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Vtac padded 2pt, with side QD attachment points near the rear of the stock and near the rear of the handguard. (Left side attachments points for RH shooter.)
    Drifter

Comment

VTAC 2-point padded with QD sockets. This is from my DM Course this past weekend.

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

I haven't tried the VTAC, but I use the Magpul MS3 mounted with the ASAP on all of my AR's. I've never tested it with a battle load, but for Hunting and the Range I like the mobility.
        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Keep The Change
          Warrior
          • Mar 2013

I have Vltor receiver end plates with side loop on 2 of my AR-15's. I have a QD point on the hand guards. I have a Magpul sling that can be single or 2 point. I haven't decided if I'll keep it. I haven't really tried it out yet.

Comment

• Errorhead
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2012

I'm a fan of the Vickers blue force 2 pt sling, fast adjustment looks alot like the Vltor.

Comment

• cory
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2012

LRRPF52 are you able to change shoulders with that setup?
              "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by cory View Post
                LRRPF52 are you able to change shoulders with that setup?
                Yes, that's one of the reasons why Kyle Lamb (Owner of VTAC and retired 1st SFOD-D operator who was at the battle of the black sea in Mogadishu, as well as having served in Iraq over a 5yr period) suggests attaching the stock portion of the sling on the side of the stock that corresponds to your dominant hand, i.e.: RH-attach on RH side of stock. The handguard attachment point is on the opposite side.

When transitioning from RH to LH, you extend the Quick-Adjust feature, grab the mag well with your dominant hand, place the stock in your other shoulder as your firing hand gets into place on the grip. You can do it very quickly. You use the same technique with the Blue Force Gear VCAS sling:

Comment

Working...
                X