Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bike Effects

6.5 Grendel Mags?

I have just begun the building process for my Grendel upper. I was recently shooting with a friend who has a Grendel AR. He tried my .223 P-Mags and they seemed to run fine. So, do I need to buy new magazines?

Typically .223 mags will not feed 6.5 Grendel rounds. I have heard of some 223 mags that will feed 2~5 rounds but those are the exception. My Grendel will not feed even one round from my 223 mags.

You will need Grendel mags to reliably feed a Grendel. However, I have heard 10 round 6.8 SPC mags work ok.

Comment

• Gamecock84

Interesting. I thought they would only work if the feed lips were modified. Anyways there are mags available online just gotta be patient.

Comment

• Ridgerider

20 rnd p mags feed 10 rounds with no problems.

Comment

• Tedward
          Banned
          • Feb 2013

They have them in stock as most days at LCJ Wholesales. 500 10 rounders in stock for $15.95 each. C Products Defense 6.5 Grendel Metal Mags with Blue followers (doesn't specify materials on those). 226 5 rounders for $16.99 and are Stainless Steel. 397 25 rounders in SS. I got both 5's and 10's and the work great. I ordered on a Friday and had them on a Wednesday. Shipping out of Florida.

good luck....

Comment

Working...
          X