• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tedward
    Banned
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by PrecisionFirearms View Post
    Warthog, There are lot more than that out there. Since I needed to get you one out ASAP, because UPS Lost that shipment (what a F/UP and they wont admit to it either), I pulled one out of my personal stash. I normally pull 10 per year at random for myself. Also We changed receiver designs about 6 months ago. We are already over 1000 into those. but they look different and do not have the integral Trigger guard, since we had so many folks wanting removable trigger guards. Now everyone wonders why we don't have integral trigger guards so We are designing that feature back into them now. We will then offer both.
    This also explains time to make the receivers, CHANGES in design. Just let people know you are working on new designs and that add to the delivery time along with the mad rush. You had a double wammy on deliverys it sounds like.

Hope your turn around is better than Alexander Arms, orders before the December mad rush are just being released so don't get into there delivery schdule and responce category. They are at a 01 in a scale of 1 to 10.

Nice Lowers by the way but others are nice too so don't think your irreplaceable. Black Rain are sweet and available....

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
      Warrior
      • Apr 2011

Ted,

You got it straight. We started the receiver redesign and brought the machining to where we had full control on quality and process, before the mad rush. We bought 2 more CNC machines to help with the backlog.

We also changed the upper design. Now we just started making True Matched Sets. The upper and lower are held together and the pins holes are drilled and reamed together. NO Play at all between upper and lower. These are used in Match Rifles and Custom orders. We also added a 60 degree flared mag well too.

The other reason I pulled one from my personal stash was that "warthog" already has one of my rifles and his buddy has one too. The upper design he got with his Grendel Upper (that was shipped months ago) is the older design. The new design Lower doesn't follow through as well as the older design in terms of lines and finish. I rarely reach into my personal stuff to fill customer orders, but we do what it takes to keep our customers happy!

We understand we are small potatoes in the world of AR's. We just try to do the best we can. We have added more people too. We appreciate each customer and a special thanks goes to those who waited a long time to get their orders. Thank-you too, those that waited for answers to questions and status updates.

We strive continually to improve our products, customer service, and lead times.

Mark Hostetter - Precision Firearms
      "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

Working...
      X