Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Castor Troy

CSS grendel parts?

Back in December I ordered a barrel/bolt from CSS. Since then it's been a shitshow of telling me I was 1-2 weeks away every 2 weeks. Does anybody have a definitive timeline from CSS? I don't really care if it's going to be another 3 months, that is fine. I just am sick of being told I'm 1-2 weeks away.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Castor Troy View Post
    Back in December I ordered a barrel/bolt from CSS. Since then it's been a shitshow of telling me I was 1-2 weeks away every 2 weeks. Does anybody have a definitive timeline from CSS? I don't really care if it's going to be another 3 months, that is fine. I just am sick of being told I'm 1-2 weeks away.
    This story is being repeated ad infinitum across the industry. Everyone is behind, and no one really knows when they will catch up!

Unfortunately, it is what it is.

Comment

Frankly, I'd have a lot more respect for a company that tells me they don't know. That is exactly what the best companies are telling their customers. Midwayusa has taken to largely saying availability is unknown....and have changed their expected stock date to 1/1/14. They told me they have been lied to so many times they trust very few vendor to provide accurate estimates of delivery. It's pretty much the same story at Brownells and JP Enterprises.

The fact that a few notable exceptions are repeated the same lie over and over again does not make it any less....but it does make it a pervasive lie. That's no way to win friends and influence people much less run a company that desires to be successful.

Comment

• aclark
        Warrior
        • Dec 2011

On 2/26/2013 I got this email.

New orders are a month out at this point. We are shipping 1 Dec to 15 January now.

Tom Stewart
        I'm hoping that a month is still their lead time, but beginning to think maybe its not. I ordered mine on 4/20/2013 and was hoping to have it sometime in June.

Comment

Working...
        X