• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tedward
    Banned
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Castor Troy View Post
    my order was 5417. however, dont get your hopes up.

my TA bolt sheared off the lugs on either side of the extractor after 17 rounds.
    Wow, that totally sucks so make sure you call them even though they probably wont do anything. They said I'll be first in the next batch but I'm going to cancel once they say there ready.... I have a few left for a couple builds and will not support a company in that disarray and piss poor customer service. I got the 4 I had originally ordered but it took over 2 months when they said in stock. That was after waiting 2 months for them to come up "in stock" on there web site after them saying there coming for weeks and would call me.... I happened to check there web site and saw them listed as "Available" then waited 2 months and numerous calls with excuses. Total BS and Piss Poor CS. Grumpy rude beach too..

Within those 4 months I got 2 complete R-guns 6.5 Grendel Bolt Carrier Groups and 2 LBC 264 bolts. I used them on some Beowulfs and they are working fine. The Bolts I did get from TA are still running for my friends Beowulf's they were used on but the conclusion of my story, the hassel is not worth the wait. I have ordered bolts from AA and once they come in, a year or two, I'll then help some freinds out on there builds. In all of the waiting my AR-Stoner bolt is still working fine that I got in March of 2013 and I got a AA Hard-Use for backup.

Now time for range reports and keep calling LBC, they are waiting on extractors and they will have there's ready. They said a few more weeks out a few weeks ago so maybe mid August but check bi-weekly.. they don't mind and are courteous and friendly when you call.

Comment

• Keep The Change
      Warrior
      • Mar 2013

Oh man that sux. This will not be my primary bolt then. Ill use the LBC as primary and wait for my AA

Comment

• Tedward
        Banned
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Keep The Change View Post
        Oh man that sux. This will not be my primary bolt then. Ill use the LBC as primary and wait for my AA
        Good idea. I am recommending the same for my friends to get an LBC as soon as possible to have on hand in case the TA fails. Since "Castor Troy" needed a new bolt and used the TA, wondering if he's had bolt failure issues. If so, it might mean that the TA is ok and he may have other issues resulting in the failures.

As we all know, TA is a distributor and doesn't make the actual bolt so there product should be ok but there CS is only their fault. AND they need to fix that if they want returning customers. At least that's how I feel.

Comment

• Castor Troy

i didnt need a new bolt, i bought it as a backup for my shilen bolt, just to have around.

upper has 100 rounds through it and no other problems.

Comment

• babaganoush
            Warrior
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Tedward View Post
            Good idea. I am recommending the same for my friends to get an LBC as soon as possible to have on hand in case the TA fails. Since "Castor Troy" needed a new bolt and used the TA, wondering if he's had bolt failure issues. If so, it might mean that the TA is ok and he may have other issues resulting in the failures.

As we all know, TA is a distributor and doesn't make the actual bolt so there product should be ok but there CS is only their fault. AND they need to fix that if they want returning customers. At least that's how I feel.
            Well, I have close to 300 trouble free rounds on my TA bolt, but that is hardly a long term record. I did some head space checks (after a couple of feed issues taught me better) and found that both the TA and LBC bolts I have are within tolerance.

I agree with Tedward, though. If you are selling something as "In Stock", at least have the decency to check your inventory and keep the web page up-to-date. That is just too easy to do, these days, and there is no reason to keep your customers in the dark about such things.

David
            "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

• burkew23
              Warrior
              • May 2013

my order was 5417. however, dont get your hopes up.

my TA bolt sheared off the lugs on either side of the extractor after 17 rounds.

That's pretty discouraging. I ordered mine on June 14th and got it July 16th. I'm planning to build my first AR soon and got this bolt to try to speed up getting a barrel from Satern who I'm leaning towards. When I talked to Satern they said it'd be 8-11 months for a barrel but they're biggest hold up was getting bolts so if I sent one in they're turn around would be much faster.

Would I just be safer waiting for Satern to supply the bolt and know I was getting a quality bolt from them? Has anyone had the same problem that Troy had?
              Last edited by burkew23; 07-23-2013, 12:50 AM.

Comment

I ordered when they were in stock several months ago, still waiting.

Comment

• Tedward
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by burkew23 View Post
                  That's pretty discouraging. I ordered mine on June 14th and got it July 16th. I'm planning to build my first AR soon and got this bolt to try to speed up getting a barrel from Satern who I'm leaning towards. When I talked to Satern they said it'd be 8-11 months for a barrel but they're biggest hold up was getting bolts so if I sent one in they're turn around would be much faster.

Would I just be safer waiting for Satern to supply the bolt and know I was getting a quality bolt from them? Has anyone had the same problem that Troy had?
                  I ordered a 20" Barrel and Bolt from Loather Walther a few eeks ago. they make good barrels and it is a 6 week time line, so they said. He was pretty good on my 223 Wylde so I believe him for his delivery date. I'll post once it arrives.

Comment

• Tedward
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2013

i didnt need a new bolt, i bought it as a backup for my shilen bolt, just to have around.

upper has 100 rounds through it and no other problems.
                    If it was your back up then I guess you were just testing it out to make sure it was a good backup. Didn't catch that part. At least you can go back to your original Shilen Bolt but really wonder why the TA broke. Hope it didn't mess up your Barrel Extension....Good luck and you might want to stick to what works till you need to swap bolts around....

Comment

• Tedward
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
                      I ordered when they were in stock several months ago, still waiting.
                      Me too, what is your order number? Maybe we can figure out where we are in line. 5417 last reporting of receiving a bolt....

Comment

• burkew23
                        Warrior
                        • May 2013

My order number was 5557 and I received it July 16th. Did you email or call in your security code for your card? I sent mine to them as soon as they sent me an order confirmation. Maybe that helped expedite the order but that's just my guess.

Hope you all get your bolts soon and have good reports with them! Please let us all know if you test them out.

Comment

• Tedward
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2013

My order was 5545 so they screwed me..... Yes I sent my security code and they have my phone number. Again, great customer service. THEY SUCK A$$......

Comment

Originally posted by Tedward View Post
                            Me too, what is your order number? Maybe we can figure out where we are in line. 5417 last reporting of receiving a bolt....
                            I'll have to dig up the email.

Comment

Working...
                            X