Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XcountryRider

6.8SPC Conspiracy theories

So i keep seeing 6.8SPC fans insinuating that they get better ballistics than the charts indicate. I've heard Bill Alexander used primo bullets for the Grendel and half assed bullets for the 6.8SPC for tests and heard keep hearing that Grendel ballistics are shown for a 24in barrel and 6.8spc is shown for a 16in barrel etc ect. Whats with the 6.8SPC boys and these conspiracy theories? Do they have any ballistics that show its ballistics are anywhere near comparable to the Grendel or is it just sour grapes? See thread .

Had to go read it. Looks like you're making new friends over there! Lol. I'll have to keep following that one.

Comment

I read the thread and commented/voted. I look to build coalitions with the 6.8 crowd, since we can only grow stronger working together. No need to sew seeds of discontent between gun owners who really are passionate about their rights.

Comment

Have the wildcatters done a 6.8 Grendel?

Comment

Originally posted by Nukes View Post
          Have the wildcatters done a 6.8 Grendel?
          Yes, and a 7mm Grendel, .358 Grendel, etc.

Comment

And do any of the myriad variations have a compelling advantage over the 6.5 Grendel?

Comment

• XcountryRider

If you read my comments i was actually pretty nice until the liar comment and the conspiracy theory.

Comment

• XcountryRider

I also started a facebook page just for that community building. https://www.facebook.com/groups/509156359145636/

Comment

• Bill Alexander

They seem to not be happy with me!

Comment

• bwaites
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Bill Alexander View Post
                    They seem to not be happy with me!
                    Ah, don't take it personal! They made the wrong choice and have to blame someone! LOL!!!!

Comment

• jluck
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2013

I wouldn't worry about what the children at AR-15,com think. I can't stand the ignorance there.

I just wish more people could get there hands on AA Grendel's. I had to cancel my order for a 24" upper after finding out the wait time (ridiculous).

Comment

And do any of the myriad variations have a compelling advantage over the 6.5 Grendel?
                        Begging the question, do any of the myriad wildcat variations have a compelling advantage over the 6.5 Grendel?

Comment

• bwaites
                          • Mar 2011

Begging the question, do any of the myriad wildcat variations have a compelling advantage over the 6.5 Grendel?
                          Compelling, not that I can decipher. The 6mm AR Turbo has some advantage for target shooting at extreme distances, because it can shoot light weight, slightly higher BC bullets at slightly higher velocities than the Grendel can.

But compelling, no.

The 7mm version gives up BC and long range shooting, but may have a very slight advantage in close range shooting, because of the larger meplat.

BUT...overall, the Grendel is in the sweet spot.

Comment

Thank you. That's good news. 6.5 Grendel has been tough enough to source. I sure wouldn't relish the extra difficulties of wildcattin' in these times of scarcity.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                              Administrator
                              • Feb 2011

Firstly, I'm with LR, that AR owners need to stick together when push comes to shove.

Secondly, I admit I'm the first to get lathered up when it comes to debating the military merits of the 6.5 Grendel vs. 6.8 SPC. If our military adopts yet another piece of equipment based on some kind of hype ("The Special Forces developed the 6.8! The Special Forces developed the 6.8!!), my head will spin backward. The adoption of a new military cartridge calls for steely-eyed consideration of the technical requirements and not political machinations. "Good luck with THAT!" you say? Yeah, you're probably right. . .

Anyway, thirdly, as far as commercial and civilian uses for hunting, competition, varminting, it makes no difference to me what slingshot you use. Spend your time debating it if it amuses you. In the end, have fun shooting, make some noise, and let the brass jingle on the concrete!

John

P.S. Oh, yeah, also the deliberate misinformation I find highly annoying, and will sometimes bother to correct it.
                              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                              X