IWI Tavor Bullpup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWI Tavor Bullpup

View this month’s Close Quarters, our e-newsletter. Each month, Close Quarters may contain company history, product highlights, updates, must-watch videos, exclusive promotions, contests and more from IWI US, Inc.

It appears that the rifle can be modified for different calibers. Wonder if they will have a 6.5 Grendel?
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

IWI is releasing a 9 MM conversion then a 5.45 X 39 conversion. There is a possibility there will be a 300 AAC/Blackout conversion plus a 22 long rifle. I've been following the release of the Tavor SAR on the Bullpup forum and there are members on that forum interested in a 6.5 Grendel Tavor. A third party vendor has been contacted in regards to building a 6.5 Grendel Tavor SAR barrel. Another company was working on a 7.62 X 39 bolt so there is the possibility of a 6.5 Grendel Tavor SAR.

Comment

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
      IWI is releasing a 9 MM conversion then a 5.45 X 39 conversion. There is a possibility there will be a 300 AAC/Blackout conversion plus a 22 long rifle. I've been following the release of the Tavor SAR on the Bullpup forum and there are members on that forum interested in a 6.5 Grendel Tavor. A third party vendor has been contacted in regards to building a 6.5 Grendel Tavor SAR barrel. Another company was working on a 7.62 X 39 bolt so there is the possibility of a 6.5 Grendel Tavor SAR.
      What is the Bullpup forum? Have a link?

Comment

• appleseed-kdc

google bullpup forum

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Here you go.

Comment

I got one of the group purchase bullpups well its going to be shipped to me next week.I went with a FDE 18" barrel and its the last to ship.I ordered the 9mm kit also I wish they would do a grendel and I spoke up about it on a thread over there.

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

If I was still on the job as a LEO I'd been a lot more apt to be in the market for the Tavor SAR. I just don't have the need for a CQB carbine now. The Tavor SAR would make a very handy rifle for us where SBR'S are illegal. It's not like I'm rifle poor and need to fill a void. I sure wish I knew someone who owned a Tavor so I could decide if I really like Bullpups. I wish there was a 22 rimfire clone of the Tavor which could make a very fun range toy.

Comment

• appleseed-kdc

ADD: Did you notice, he swapped out the Tavor flash hider for the Miculek compensator.

Interestingly, he said at the beginning "got my trusty bullpup". Trusty ? Quite a comment as he has only had it two weeks on T&E (Test and Evaluation).

Comment

Working...
                X