M41 Severe Duty Brake? or AAC Brakeout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M41 Severe Duty Brake? or AAC Brakeout?

Anyone used either or both of these brakes?

M41

Brakeout

Brake will be going on a 24" PROOF Barrel. I intend to use the rifle primarily for long range shooting and possibly sniping some speedgoats. My big question is... will I see much of a difference in accuracy between these two?

Any input would be much appreciated.
  • babaganoush
    Warrior
    • Jan 2013

I can't say I've ever seen a brake add any accuracy, per se, with any consistency. So long as there is uniform clearance in the bullet path, they shouldn't reduce accuracy, either. The major advantage to using brakes, in the first place, is to reduce felt recoil, improve second shot acquisition times, and annoy your neighbors at the adjacent table. Overall accuracy can be said to improve, if you're not flinching and quickly getting back on target for your followup shots.

Until a manufacturer can publish some qualitative before and after results, which clearly (and repeatedly) show better groups, regardless of barrel dimensions, their claims of improved accuracy are strictly subjective.

So, to address your question, I doubt there's a whiskers worth of difference between the two, as far as accuracy is concerned.

Just some "boots up on the table" observations...
    "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
      Chieftain
      • May 2012

i would address the decision from a basis of weather or not you want to add a suppressor at some point and i would also look at http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod24430.aspx
      Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

Working...
      X