I Need an Ultra Sonic Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need an Ultra Sonic Cleaner

Anyone know of a product that will remove the very slight brown rust from a blued pistol? I've cleaned the outside good but want to sonic clean the whole thing. Thx
  • KentuckyBuddha
    Warrior
    • Oct 2012

To get light rust off blued weapons I have in the past just used any oil that is handy and BRASS wool. Not steel wool....brass wool. That has worked well enough for me for weapons that I wanted to keep original and not damage the patina. I still want to see what those little brass sheep look like that they sheer to get that stuff. Just sayin'

Comment

• babaganoush
      Warrior
      • Jan 2013

I hope this goes without saying, but definitely avoid using any chemical rust removers. (Don't ask me how I know.) From a chemical remover's standpoint, there is no difference between rust and blueing.

That said, Harbor Freight has some that are equivalent to the one Hornady sells, at 1/2 the price.

As far as those little brass sheep are concerned, I'd say that their shepherds are getting increasingly nervous, as the ammunition shortages worsen.
      Last edited by babaganoush; 04-06-2013, 04:45 PM.
      "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
        Warrior
        • Oct 2012

LOL well played sir.

Comment

Working...
        X