Leverevolution.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leverevolution.

Well today sick and suffering from a sinus infection I still managed to load up some ammo to test out. I have a hog hunting trip at the end of the month and even though I have some factory Amax I really wanted to load some SST 123's and use them instead. here is my break down.
    BRASS- Hornady 6.5 grendel
    Powder- Hodgdon LeverEvolution
    Primer- Federal 205M benchrest

The first set up was 29.0gr and the final was 31.0gr Now I am not going to post all the photos of all of them because its just not necessary. What I did find is that the harmonic balance of my particular barrel liked 31.0gr the best. I did 5 shot groups and I have never seen grouping like this. This powder is really really good in the Grendel. It was a fairly mild day here with temp in the low 60's.

I was impressed to say the least. I am going back again tomorrow to dial in the scope. I would recommend this powder to anyone BUT REMEMBER IT IS TEMP SENSITIVE!!!!

A320PYLT
    Attached Files

Interesting. Before the old forum was destroyed, a few guys had experimented with LeveRevolution and found it quite promising. I picked some up recently to compare with A2520 & CFE.

Did you chronograph by any chance?
    Barrel length:
    Type of barrel:

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
      Warrior
      • Oct 2012

Wow, that sure looks good! What kind of temp range do you reckon is ok for that?

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        Interesting. Before the old forum was destroyed, a few guys had experimented with LeveRevolution and found it quite promising. I picked some up recently to compare with A2520 & CFE.

Did you chronograph by any chance?
        Barrel length:
        Type of barrel:
        Chrono is next, up on the list. 20in barrel ER Shaw.

A320PYLT

Comment

Originally posted by KentuckyBuddha View Post
          Wow, that sure looks good! What kind of temp range do you reckon is ok for that?
          Thats a good question and I am certain there are peeps on here that can better answer that question. I wont be hunting in 90 degrees weather with it I know that much.

A320PYLT

Comment

• Buck2732
            Warrior
            • Feb 2012

Nice group, what distance was that at?
            Buck2732

"You will know you are in a nuclear attack by the bright flash, loud explosion, widespread destruction, intense heat, strong winds and the rising of a mushroom cloud".

"I have no idea what weapons will be used in the next world war... but I do know that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones". A Einstein.

PER ARDUA

Comment

• seatleroadwr

I've been using LVR (Leverevolution) for a while now. It behaves exactly like CFE 223 in my rifle - same weight, same accuracy, same velocity, and same volume. It even smells the same. I have a ton on LVR because I used to use it in a number of lever guns I was experimenting with so I use it quite often. Half inch groups and an SD under 10 FPS are very common. 31.7 grains behind a Nosler 123 averages 2574 out of my 22 inch barrel. I'd caution you to start lower than 31.7 because I lengthened the throat of my chamber and my pressure is lower.

Comment

That is interesting seatleroadwr. Hornady's 9th Edition shows a max charge of 31.2gr of CFE under 123gr bullets, including the GMX. It strangely lists 31.7gr as max load for the 129gr bullets using the same powder. The 129gr pills have more bearing surface, and I doubt the jacket construction is much different between a 129gr SST and a 123gr SST.

Someone mentioned that CFE is simply LeveRevolution treated with the anti-copper component, but I don't know.

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Comment

Working...
                  X