ATI Polymer Lowers for the Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Polymer Lowers for the Grendel

I just picked up a couple of ATI Polymer lowers and understand they are made by New Frontier Armory [NFA] and also carry a lifetime warranty as I understand it and wanted to know if anyone has any experience using these with the Grendel?
  • KentuckyBuddha
    Warrior
    • Oct 2012

I have a couple, but have not taken them to the range with grendels on them. Pretty confident it would not make any difference whatsoever having the lower composite vs aluminium.

Comment

I have one of the new frontier lw-15 lowers. I very much like it. In fact, it's likely what I will opt for in the future. I have no doubts about their durability. That said, I havrn't tested their durability.

The triggers are fantastic for what they are. I replace the milspec part in another lower with one too. I bet they hold up better than my rock river 2 stage.

Comment

Thanks for the reply KB,
        That's somewhat my thinking too but I'm a bit concerned about whether the buffer tube connector is strong enough to withstand the recoil from the Grendel. I don't load my rounds anywhere near Max plus I'm only shooting a 120 A-Max
        so I would think these ATI's would handle the Grendel fine but there is a bit of doubt none the less.

Then again I watched a YouTube video of a fellow with an ATI lower run what seemed like about 13 to 14, 30rnd mags of .223
        through his rifle in short order, and .223 has a fairly snappy kick to it and it the ATI lower seemed to hold up fine! So maybe the lower buffer threaded connector is strong enough?

Comment

Your reply is appreciated,
          I also saw another You Tube video directly comparing both the ATI to the New Frontier Armory [NFA] and in that video is appeared the ATI was the stouter of the two at least from the appearance of back-strap connector which seemed rather odd as it was stated that NFA makes the ATI but that may not be true as NFA is in Las Vegas, Nevada if I remember correctly and ATI is in Rochester, NY.

I haven't picked mine up yet but will this coming week and have been getting the parts together to build it using an AR Stoner 18" medium weight barrel with their Heli-port muzzel break, but I don't have the barrel yet but do have a lower receiver parts kit so I can start smoothing the the trigger mating surfaces.

Comment

Say Rambozo, The above post was meant for you, sorry I left your name off, too tired I guess.

Comment

T-Snipe,

Just saw this. Sorry for the delay.

I think you're right. I don't think the ATI lower is a clone of the New Frontier at all. It looks like a totally different mold. I can't say anything about the ATI, but I am quite pleased with my New Frontier.

Comment

Say Rambozo,

Don't to concern yourself about the timing, it's been longer for me to get back on the forum again so I'm the one who needs to apologize. Have you shot your yet set-up yet? I'm still waiting on an 18" AR Stoner barrel and then I'm not sure if the rifle length buffer tube my buddy gave me is correct as the threads seemed a bit loose but maybe that's the way they are?

Now here's a bit of triva speculation, on my part, referring to ATI which is located in Rochester, NY, which was always the home Eastman Kodak, you'll see where I'm going with this in a bit, who manufactured some very expensive professional cameras in past as well as optics and I wouldn't be surprised to learn they are the one's making the ATI Lowers! Also, because of Eastman Kodak's long involvement with optics, I'm also a pro photographer and familiar with optics and wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out also that the Counter Sniper/Dark Ops line of Rifle Scopes, as they again based out of Rochester, N.Y. are made in the old Eastman Kodak Plant. I have one of their 3-25 x56 scopes and it's not a very sharp scope but very accurate too as with my 24" Over-watch Upper from AA and my hand loads off my Hornady LnL AP press I was able to place a three shot string within 3/8" c2c at 100 yrds shooting Hornady 120 grn A-Max bt's.

So I'm very anxious to see how the ATI lower will function with an 18" AR Stoner barrel.

I'll have to take some shots of my lower and build so far.

Back to ATI lower, I'm very anxious to get mine functioning.
                Last edited by Guest; 05-02-2013, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by T-snipe View Post
                  Say Rambozo,

Don't to concern yourself about the timing, it's been longer for me to get back on the forum again so I'm the one who needs to apologize. Have you shot your yet set-up yet? I'm still waiting on an 18" AR Stoner barrel and then I'm not sure if the rifle length buffer tube my buddy gave me is correct as the threads seemed a bit loose but maybe that's the way they are?...
                  Sorry again for the delayed response. lol

Yeah, that polymer lower has been on my 5.45 upper, and it's been working great. I had to put a wolf extra power hammer spring in it, but that's standard operating procedure for the 5.45 anyway. So far, so good. I'm digging that New Frontier lower.

Comment

I haven't tried the ATI lower but I have a New Fronteir lower with an 18" AR Stoner barrel (Grendel) and like it very much. Seems to balance pretty well and is fairly light yet sturdy. Recoil not an issue.

Comment

Working...
                    X