• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got to shoot it!

Attached Files
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

That's a helluva start. Very impressive.
    Drifter

Comment

A ton of reading on here has a lot to do with it. The Gussele (sp?) Match trigger helps a bunch too....

So far my worries about function have been for not... It never skipped a beat with anything I have fed it, perfect feed and every one ejected. Only thing that I want to work on is 99% of the cases have a "D" shaped mouth, I think a little ejector spring "tune" is in order.
      So far this thing is everything I have hoped for... I see many more rifles chambered for the Grendel in the future for me....

Comment

Looks like you have a shooter, and your research plus reloading experience has paid off. What load was that btw?

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Nice job carnutz- I use those same sticky dots-and have 3 loads that all stay inside the inner circle, and 1 of the loads is shot at 200 yds.- that's a way 's off in N. MN. -for a hunter.

Comment

• babaganoush
            Warrior
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Carnutz View Post
            Only thing that I want to work on is 99% of the cases have a "D" shaped mouth, I think a little ejector spring "tune" is in order.
            Carnutz - Seriously nice shooting, and a great job.

I recently got mine running, and the cases were also denting pretty severely. The ejector spring mod really did the trick for me, with only 1.5 coils removed. A Dremel cut-off wheel made the work ridiculously easy. I didn't need the velcro sticky on the deflector, either.

David
            "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Thanks guys for the "atta boys" I'm kicking myself that I didn't crono the stuff I have shot...

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              Looks like you have a shooter, and your research plus reloading experience has paid off. What load was that btw?
              I shot 123G A-max's in new Lapua brass, CCI450 primers, COAL 2.250 and then tried different powders, that 5 shot group was over 26G of IMR 4895.

Comment

Working...
              X