• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keep The Change
    Warrior
    • Mar 2013

Need a 264 LBC Bolt

Well, I started a thread last week "New Guy Needs New Barrel". Actually before I can go ahead with an order, it would be nice to have a bolt lined up.

Any thoughts are where to find one or who will take a backorder?

Les Baer, the obvious choice is not selling AR parts individually right now, but all are going to their rifle builds.

I've got some emails inbound to a couple other manufacturers, but thought I'd tap into the Horde, for the knowledge that it Hordes.

Maybe I can get in line for a barrel and hope that I can get the bolt by the time the barrel maker needs it.
    Thanks,
    KTC

Complete upper and rifle manufacturers are back-logged 6-8 months in many cases, 10 months in others. Let's say you were making modular automobiles, and car-buyers had found out how "easy" it was to just throw the components together themselves. They start ordering chassis, suspensions, engines, furniture, electrical systems, tires/wheels, axles, etc., and building the cars themselves. All of a sudden, Congress says that these types of cars will be outlawed because they hurt the environment, so people start ordering them and parts for them in an unprecedented wave of super-demand.

If the car manufacturer has 10 months plus of orders to fill for complete cars, what incentive does he have to sell you a piston for the modular engine system, especially on a souped-up hot-rod that out-performs most of the other engines?

This is why bolts and other critical parts are so hard to get right now.

Comment

• Keep The Change
      Warrior
      • Mar 2013

I agree completely. They make much more money on the completed rifle so they are keeping the parts for themselves to put into their guns. I can't argue with that reasoning at all and am not mad at LB for doing this.

I did get on a back order list with a manufacturer. Hopefully it won't be 10 months.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

You can order a 5.56/223 bolt/carrier combo from Fail Zero and I saw a post where you could order a bolt/carrier from Young manufacturing. You might see if you could back order through Brownell's or Midway. You might be able to order a bolt/ carrier fro Delton but last I time I checked they were out of stock and I don't know if Delton takes back orders. As far as a 6.5 Grendel bolt AA and J&T are the only sources I know for actual 6.5 Grendel bolts.
        Last edited by VASCAR2; 03-18-2013, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• XcountryRider

Midwayusa had them in today for a few hours. You need to sign up for there email alerts.

Comment

• Keep The Change
            Warrior
            • Mar 2013

Thanks XCR. I'm on the Midway notification list for the 6.5 barrels. I got their email at around 7pm, I believe, and I didn't check my email again till 10 pm and they were already gone. I was furious.
            Now it says they won't have the 24" till June. Aaaarrrrggghhhh!!!

Comment

You need to set your email at Midway to use whatever email you have that can alert on your cell as they come in. I bought a receiver, bolt carrier and barrel from various places that were gone in less than 10 minutes after I got the alert. I think the bc I got was gone in three minutes when I went back to the page after I checked out. FYI, only Midway and Bravo Company seem to regularily send me alerts.

Comment

• Keep The Change
                Warrior
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by jroger3 View Post
                You need to set your email at Midway to use whatever email you have that can alert on your cell as they come in. I bought a receiver, bolt carrier and barrel from various places that were gone in less than 10 minutes after I got the alert. I think the bc I got was gone in three minutes when I went back to the page after I checked out. FYI, only Midway and Bravo Company seem to regularily send me alerts.
                That is exactly what I'm doing. My mistake yesterday was that I went and did some yard work, played with my little girl, and tucked her in bed all without having my phone on me. The trick now is to leave it on me at all times.

Comment

Working...
                X