Whats the approximate lead time for Alexander Arms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the approximate lead time for Alexander Arms?

I ordered a 5.56 upper from them last month. I got an email that
    basically said wait patiently and don't call us

Well, I'll do that. But I just wanted to get an idea of what I'm
    looking at. I was thinking maybe July worst case.

Any ideas?
  • Y85
    Warrior
    • Sep 2012

I just posted a query to bwaites on another thread. He has been real good about keeping us in the loop.

+500,000 rounds of Grendel ammunition in stock and going through production. Got pallets of the stuff sat on the factory floor. Cudos to our ammunition team and the girls who run everything through production. So for all those who want Grendel ammunition get the orders in. We will be shipping against individual ammo orders

Comment

• MrDraco
      Warrior
      • Jul 2011

Before everything went to crap back in December, they had about 5-6 month wait. Right now, I'm not sure about AA but other manufacturers are saying 12-18 months.

So your July guess may happen, but it may be July of next year.

Comment

• oo0juice0oo

I ordered a 20" grendel upper back in mid october, along with reloading dies and some extra mags. Just received the upper two weeks ago, and still waiting on the dies and mags.

Comment

Ordered a 20" Entry upper Nov.7th.(2012) Still waiting!
          Al

Just arrived on March 28th. 2013.
          Al
          Last edited by Guest; 04-02-2013, 03:29 PM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

• hobbesgunner

10 months on a 24" barrel/ upper.....still owe me a bolt....the availability of barrel blanks is the determining factor I think....far more 5.56 barrels being made than 6.5....bolts are in short supply from what I've read and heard in local shops n gunshows....

Comment

Originally posted by hobbesgunner View Post
              10 months on a 24" barrel/ upper.....still owe me a bolt....the availability of barrel blanks is the determining factor I think....far more 5.56 barrels being made than 6.5....bolts are in short supply from what I've read and heard in local shops n gunshows....
              What contour barrel did you order? I ordered a 24" lightweight barrel in early July with no word of when it will be here.

Comment

• jawbone
                Warrior
                • Jan 2012

i waited 10 months for an AA Entry Shilen upper. i kept occupied/distracted with other projects, but it was still very hard to not pester them after 6 months or so. however, i trusted that they would eventually honor my order and price, without me calling Steph or Steve and making their lives worse.

sure enough, a couple weeks ago, with no prompting, Big Brown delivered as ordered, and lemme tell ya, it is a beaut!

it's a busy time of year for me, but shortly i'll be questing for nodes. going to be a happy spring.

Comment

Jawbone...Happy for you! When you first ordered, did they give you an approximate delivery date? In November, I was given an approximate date of 8-12 weeks. Just curious!
                  Al

Comment

• jawbone
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2012

yeah, Al, initially i was told 8 - 12 weeks from the end of May. after 3 or 4 months i ordered some brass and mags and asked about delivery time for the Grendel. 8 - 12 weeks. the day of or after the school shootings i ordered mags and asked. 8 - 12 weeks. it was then i realized that they honestly don't know, and it was more harassment than anything on my part to keep asking. as i understand it, AA, like all manufacturers, have supply bottlenecks dependent on other manufacturers that they have no control over. then, of course, after the school shootings things went nuts. after that, i vowed to shut up, be still, and trust Bill A. i kept the faith, passing up a couple of Shilen barrels on Midway.

i was hell-bent that my Grendel was going to be an AA product, both as as a show of respect for Bill A and his development efforts, but also as a recognition of the quality of their product. it was definitely tough at times but i'm glad i waited. Bill A, AA. and Shilen came through with a beautiful upper as ordered, and at original price. i am completely pleased and can't wait to start searching for nodes.

jawbone

Comment

• bwaites
                      • Mar 2011

The big issue with this upper has been Shilen barrels, which are in great demand. AA finally recieved some, (Don't ask me how many!!!!!!) and the older upper orders were built and shipped.

Barrels are in extremely short supply!!!

Comment

I had ordered the "standard" 20" barrel, no other options except an extra 10 round magazine and a thread protector.
                        Al

Comment

• 81police
                          Warrior
                          • Feb 2013

I received this from AA on 1/31/2013...

John 11:25-26

Comment

• hobbesgunner

Originally posted by Allen View Post
                            What contour barrel did you order? I ordered a 24" lightweight barrel in early July with no word of when it will be here.
                            24" lightweight....ordered it last March

Comment

• MadHatter59

Ordered a 20" upper on Oct.15, received in on March 12.

Comment

Working...
                              X