Short barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short barrel

Is it legal to buy and own a barrel and lower under 16" without the license for an SBR? Will they ship an upper under 16" to your house?

Terry

You need to register your lower as an SBR, pay the $200 stamp tax with an infamous Federal agency, then wait for at least 6 months to exercise that portion of your constitutionally-recognized rights.

Comment

• aclark
      Warrior
      • Dec 2011

You technically can, but make sure you have it on a pistol lower until you get your paper work for a SBR. Also don't keep any shoulder stocks in the house cause that can be used as intent...

Comment

Originally posted by aclark View Post
        You technically can, but make sure you have it on a pistol lower until you get your paper work for a SBR. Also don't keep any shoulder stocks in the house cause that can be used as intent...
        Understood. I had this awesome plan of doing all this this summer but with all the hoopla I feel I may not be able to.

Comment

This is one of the laws that needs to be dumped, unconstitutional as it it already. For a bureaucratic agency to infringe on the rights of the people for so long and get away with it, setting an arbitrary barrel length limitation for rifles, and a different one for shotguns, has no sensible or legally-defensible foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            This is one of the laws that needs to be dumped, unconstitutional as it it already. For a bureaucratic agency to infringe on the rights of the people for so long and get away with it, setting an arbitrary barrel length limitation for rifles, and a different one for shotguns, has no sensible or legally-defensible foundation.
            I agree 100% . Totally stupid rule. Because I can fit it under something i wear makes me more dangerous?

Comment

Working...
            X