• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Y85
    Warrior
    • Sep 2012

Bushmaster ACR -- grendel bolt

Just curious if anyone knows much about this project:

They have made a grendel bolt for the ACR -- are there compatible barrels out there?

The ACR has sort died a-borning, although the Magpul prototype (?Masada?) was pretty exciting, if memory serves.

Anyway, just curious if anyone knows of plans -- small or large scale -- to expand that rifle line into 6.5G.

I saw those bolts listed on Gunbroker last week...
    I Don't know who might make barrels, but will post here if my research turns up anything...

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
      Chieftain
      • May 2012

i believe the acr uses standard ar platform barrels (or at least the masada was supposed to) so you would just need a barrel that was head spaced for a 7.62 bolt

as far as the acr goes i was pretty pumped for the masada but lost all hope when bushmaster picked up the project it went from a 1:7 combat platform to a 1:9 sporting set up and then the scar came out although i have heard ofthe scar having some durability issues afield
      Last edited by mongoosesnipe; 01-20-2013, 03:18 PM.
      Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
        as far as the acr goes i was pretty pumped for the masada but lost all hope when bushmaster picked up the project it went from a 1:7 combat platform to a 1:9 sporting set up and then the scar came out although i have heard ofthe scar having some durability issues afield
        Yeah, I was kind of looking forward to the Masada too... The Bushmaster debacle was pretty well summed up in the Hitler ACR video. It was so true I laughed until I cried and nearly hurt myself.

This is a family friendly board, so I won't embed it, but here's a link.LOL

Language warning!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0Pu...e_gdata_player
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• jawbone
          Warrior
          • Jan 2012

holy crap that Hitler ACR video was hilarious! much thanks for the link, V!

Comment

THAT WAS FRIGGIN HILARIOUS! I handled one in 2010 at cabelas and it felt and handled nice but I didn't think it was worth 2500 smackers! I was excited when Magpul announced but its pretty obvious why the whole thing fell on its face.

Comment

Working...
            X