Any exciting Grendel news from shotshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for those updates.

Reading between the lines—does this mean that you have no high capacity magazines in stock and no prospects of fulfilling standing orders from December or January in the near future?

Same question about your Lapua brass/123 Lapua Scenar ammunition—what are the prospects for fulfilling orders following your announcement of having 500,000 rds on hand?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-21-2013, 09:25 PM.

Comment

How do we get the new Grendel Reloading Manual?

Comment

Originally posted by melensdad View Post
        How do we get the new Grendel Reloading Manual?

Bill was mega-busy when I caught up with him at Lapua's booth...like a one-legged midget in a three-legged race. I met with Nosler and they showed me the catalog with new 6.5 Grendel brass in it. I've had the Lapua Scenar-L 100gr and 120gr pills since summer, but the 135 wasn't out yet. They are in the updated Grendel projectile selection sticky here on the forum.

Comment

• Bill Alexander

Originally posted by Nukes View Post
          Thank you for those updates.

Reading between the lines—does this mean that you have no high capacity magazines in stock and no prospects of fulfilling standing orders from December or January in the near future?

Same question about your Lapua brass/123 Lapua Scenar ammunition—what are the prospects for fulfilling orders following your announcement of having 500,000 rds on hand?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
          We have high capacity magazines and are continuing to ship against orders. We have a backlog of orders but will continue to serve those in order.

Lapua brass is in stock now, we can deliver this, the 123 scenar load was noted as one we did not have but we manufacture this at very regular intervals.

Comment

Thank you. I will wait patiently then.

Comment

any news on price for the steel case? also would those new mags have anything to do with e-lander/mako steels?
              Last edited by Guest; 01-22-2013, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                www.AR15buildbox.com

Bill was mega-busy when I caught up with him at Lapua's booth...like a one-legged midget in a three-legged race. I met with Nosler and they showed me the catalog with new 6.5 Grendel brass in it. I've had the Lapua Scenar-L 100gr and 120gr pills since summer, but the 135 wasn't out yet. They are in the updated Grendel projectile selection sticky here on the forum.
                Does the load data contain recipes for using WOLF GOLD brass? I've got lots of the WOLF GOLD brass and am looking for data using that brass.

Comment

The load data is from AA, Lapua, Vihtavuori, Hodgdon's, Accurate, & Ramshot. I know AA and Lapua/Vihtavuori all used Lapua brass for their loads, and I suspect Accurate & Ramshot used Lapua brass as well, but will have to confirm.

You will have a good selection of powders and starting loads to work with, with a lot of ideas of what powders worked well with what bullets. With the Wolf Gold brass (Prvi Partisan), you will need to take it easy since those cases have a short primer pocket life.

Comment

• carbontetrachloride

Groovy, I ordered the Grendel load data book. There is not a can of powder to be had anywhere!

Comment

• Y85
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2012

Natchez had 8208 in stock a few days ago (or so the website claimed)

Comment

• txgunner00
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Nukes View Post
                        Does anyone have engineering insight into the use of steel-cased ammo in semi-/full-auto firearms? Wear and tear? What happens to all that lacquer?
                        The lacquer don't wear anything but I have had enough of it transfer to the chamber and cause stoppages.

The real wear & tear comes from the bi-metal (copper platted steel) bullet jackets used on pretty much all steel cased ammo.

NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Variable
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Bill Alexander View Post
                          We have high capacity magazines and are continuing to ship against orders. We have a backlog of orders but will continue to serve those in order.
                          We placed an order on Jan. 15th for some mags (order number 72637) and had another request for more about 20 minutes after we placed the order. I replied back to AA's order confirmation email 25 minutes after the original order and requested to double the amount.

Today I got an email from Stephanie stating that because of the amount of orders you are receiving that I should place another order for any additional items..... The amount of time that was spent replying to my order could have easily been spent simply changing one digit in the original order. It's stuff like this that has been adding up to irritate the crap out of me over the years. I didn't even throw a fit on here when AA shipped a bolt separately on an order and charged me seperate shipping for a (drumroll...) bolt. Instead of doubling my shipping again, I'll just place the order somewhere else this time. I've been placing orders with AA for years, but sometimes I get pretty irritated with how they are handled.
                          Last edited by Variable; 01-24-2013, 03:24 AM.
                          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rust View Post
                            The guys at Robinson Arms were into it but being a small company don't think they're going to get one out in any great hurry.
                            I've been waiting years (literally) for a 6.5 kit for my Robinson XCR. The owner got on the XCR forum and basically said he wasn't going to do it.

Seriously, I'd be willing to pay $1000 for a working 6.5G conversion kit.

Comment

Working...
                            X