Spent a day at the range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent a day at the range

Spent a day at the range with my grendel....we startd out at 25 yds to get me back on paper, i swapped larue tactical scope mounts with my friend, he bought a 10moa ramp model ,where i bought the standard one. So we swapped and i did a rezero...within 5 shots i was back very close. Moved out to 100 yds and another 4 shots and i was in the quarter sized middle of the target...Then it was time to play. we moved out to 225 yds and i saw that my group was drifting to the right, so i tweeked my windage slightly, and corrected the problem. We sat shotgun clays out to 300...Which oddly enough was the exact distance where my first mil dot and the trajectory of my 123 a-max were in unamious harmony. It was not a huge challenge to hit the clays at that distance...as i hit 6 in a row...a quarter sized chunk was laying facing me...I told him to focus on it....squeeze squeeze squeeze...vaporized the chunck. I had many naysayers convinced by the end of the day, they were amazed at how accurate the grendel was...I had just installed my BWA-X comp the night before...I think that was a 100 dollar mistake but i think i will keep it for now. It is worth noting that a very loudmouth guy who had a poor opinion of AR's in general kept telling me how inaccurate they were, blah blah blah...i cut one of his holes on his shoot and see at 200 yds...i think his opinion changed some.

I also took my 22-250 out and tinkered with it for a while...it still shoots great. Overall we had a great day, got to shoot some pistols also...not too bad for a 70 degree day in the hills of west virginia.

sounds great! good shooting

Comment

I love range time!

Comment

Nice day. I am jealous.

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Nice! I did some shooting at the house to enjoy the weather too. What range was that? Doesn't look like the Whitehorse.
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

The range a stonewall Jackson lake.

Comment

• longdayjake

Which setup is your grendel? I'm going to be buying a new one soon and I am looking for opinions.

Comment

Nothing better the educating the ignorant!

P.S. - Not you longday, the guy he met at the range.
                Last edited by Guest; 11-14-2012, 12:58 AM.

Comment

24" over watch upper RRA lower, larue tac mount, leupold mark 4 3.5 x10 x40 scop

Comment

• Dogue
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2011

Well done!
                    Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• longdayjake

Is your overwatch the typical AA barrel or did you go shileen?

Comment

I should have waited on my order for my 19.5" shilen barrel... I panicked when my order got pushed back a few times...found this upper on midway USA it was marked as match grade... It wasn't they had to refund me money, the barrel is accurate, but I need to test it much more. I want to run done 120 gr ballistic tips throug it and see results... I read that they are very good shooters

Comment

Working...
                        X