Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 Inch

Hello
    I am new here. I have a 16 inch AA. Anybody know what is the best grain bullet
    for this barrell length. I was guess the 123 scenar would be a good starting point,
    thanks.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Welcome!!

The 123 is always a good starting point. The 123 Hornady offering tends to shoot well in everyones gun.

Comment

My 16" Liberty barrel does its best with the 120 Nosler BT. Last check was .86 inches at 100 yds. for 10 shots. 28.0 TAC with Wolf SRM primer. But as Bill said , you can't go wrong with the 123 Amax... Kevin

Comment

I had a 16" AA barrel and got very good accuracy with the Nosler 120 BT.

Comment

I have a 16" AA as well, and it has shot well with the 123gr Lapua Scenar both hand loads and Precision Firearms factory Silver Scenar load, 123gr AMAX Hornady factory load, 100gr NBT, & 120gr SMK.

Welcome.

Comment

Thanks everyone. The guy I am buying the rifle from said he had really good results with it out to 600. I can't wait to experiment with it out to 300. I am always reading
            about the Grendel's excellent accuracy. I have wanted one for years.....
            I have never put a scope on an AR, so wish me luck.

Comment

my 16" loves the 120gr noslers also

Comment

I just bought some 123 scenars and 120 noslers. What is the BC on the 120 Gr. Nosler?

Comment

Found it. .458 not bad.....

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by invisiman View Post
                    Found it. .458 not bad.....
                    And they have an excellent rep for accuracy too!
                    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

out of my 16" (not sure whos barrel) at 100yds

Comment

Is that 2488fps speed from the 120gr NBT on 28.0gr of 8208 XBR? Nice group.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                          Is that 2488fps speed from the 120gr NBT on 28.0gr of 8208 XBR? Nice group.

Out of my 16" no name barrel, yes. I want to order an AA 16" or 18" this year to put on it.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X