• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Heartbreak

I ordered a build from Mark at precision firearms some time ago. The order involved a lot of custom work so I've been waiting for some time now. I've been in contact with Mark via email and last week he informed me it would ship out this week.

Tuesday, when I arrived home that evening I let the dog out and we went to check the mail, well I checked the mail and he pissed on the mailbox stand, as is our daily routine. I spotted a package on the from porch about 3' to 4' tall and 6" wide. I couldn't for the life of me remember ordering anything lately, it had been a long day. Shortly before picking up the package it occurred to me, MY GRENDEL.

I took the package to the kitchen table, which wasn't lacking in tape in the least. I break out the pocket knife and begin carefully cutting into the package. I get it open and there it was about a dozen Iron Rods I had ordered a week ago for a home improvement project I've been working on. Pure and utter devastation! I realize the upper would have been sent secure mail, but the excitement was a little overwhelming, talk about being a kid on Christmas.

Just thought I'd share that with the horde.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
  • Lead Chucker

Oh that does suck! I hate when that happens! Iv done that a few times myself.

Comment

The wait is a bitch, but I'm sure when it's over, it'll be worth it.

Comment

• jawbone
        Warrior
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Whelenon View Post
        The wait is a bitch, but I'm sure when it's over, it'll be worth it.
        i'm hoping so. it's been 4 months waiting for my AA Shilen Entry upper. a brutal wait, but still keeping the faith.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

We're gonna start a 12-Step group for that. "Hi, I'm Cory, and I've been waiting 28 months for a gun. If I'm at a store and I see an enclosed cardboard box, I tear it open. I can't help myself."

John
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Iam in 2 months on a 6 or 7 month wait on acouple cans I ordered.. tick tock.. tick tock... a feel your pain!

Comment

• cory
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2012

HANKA I'm going to need that in the near future if I'm going to make it to the 28 week mark, let alone the 28 month mark.

capt greg I'd be fine waiting 6 or 7 months if that was what I was quoted when I paid for the build, but once the expected completion date has come and gone I get a little antsy.

Comment

OUch! I too would be very antsy.

Comment

• IndyGrendel63

Originally posted by cory View Post
                  I ordered a build from Mark at precision firearms some time ago. The order involved a lot of custom work so I've been waiting for some time now. I've been in contact with Mark via email and last week he informed me it would ship out this week.

Tuesday, when I arrived home that evening I let the dog out and we went to check the mail, well I checked the mail and he pissed on the mailbox stand, as is our daily routine. I spotted a package on the from porch about 3' to 4' tall and 6" wide. I couldn't for the life of me remember ordering anything lately, it had been a long day. Shortly before picking up the package it occurred to me, MY GRENDEL.

I took the package to the kitchen table, which wasn't lacking in tape in the least. I break out the pocket knife and begin carefully cutting into the package. I get it open and there it was about a dozen Iron Rods I had ordered a week ago for a home improvement project I've been working on. Pure and utter devastation! I realize the upper would have been sent secure mail, but the excitement was a little overwhelming, talk about being a kid on Christmas.

Just thought I'd share that with the horde.
                  I can relate, ordered a custom Grendel upper from Mark at PF wayyyyy back in late April (I think, it's been so long). It was also a custom build and he did send it to me a while back but when I opened the box I noticed right away that there was a bit of miscommunication between Mark and myself. I sent it back to be made right and I had to wait all over again. I think it shouldn't be much longer (I hope). Doesn't leave me much time to get the bugs worked out in time for deer season in November. I have my fingers crossed Mark, hope it is worth the wait. (from what my bench rest friends tell me Lilja barrels are the tits).

Comment

I had an AA upper on order in June and I caved as soon as I saw a grendel barrel for sale at Midway. So weak.

On the plus side, I did learn how to build an upper.

To AA's credit, I ended up spending a couple of hundred more on my own build.

Comment

• IndyGrendel63

Originally posted by IndyGrendel63 View Post
                      I can relate, ordered a custom Grendel upper from Mark at PF wayyyyy back in late April (I think, it's been so long). It was also a custom build and he did send it to me a while back but when I opened the box I noticed right away that there was a bit of miscommunication between Mark and myself. I sent it back to be made right and I had to wait all over again. I think it shouldn't be much longer (I hope). Doesn't leave me much time to get the bugs worked out in time for deer season in November. I have my fingers crossed Mark, hope it is worth the wait. (from what my bench rest friends tell me Lilja barrels are the tits).
                      Mark said it should be a couple more weeks to get the barrel back from being nitrided, then assembly and out to me! Hope I have time to work up a load before deer season.

Comment

• cory
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2012

Man at this point I just hope I get mine in time to get it sighted in before deer season. haha

Comment

• IndyGrendel63

Awe man, and to top everything else Mark at PF just announced that they are now going to offer Kreiger barrels! I guess I will have to be happy with my Lilja or maybe sell it later so I can upgrade to a Kreiger. A buddy of mine had a sniper rig built a few years back. It was a Win. Model 70 action with a 29 inch heavy Kreiger stainless barrel in 300 RUM. That is one tack driving SOB, not to mention kinda heavy.

Comment

I am a fan of Krieger Barrels and own quite a few of them, but I've seen Lilja's that shoot just as well.
                            Bob

Comment

Working...
                            X