Rifle is done and will be here this week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • graywolfhntr

Rifle is done and will be here this week...

Hello hoard brothers...

Well, it looks like i will be having my grendel in my hands this week. It looks like my wait is over.

David Rooney, the big boss at Tactical Rifles has been getting things rolling for me. He had the guys there get at my rifle right away. Dont know what they did but David took it out to the range last friday and did a 1/4 inch moa of 3 shots. He sent me a pic of the target and as soon as i can figure out how to add a pic to this, i will get it on. They have sighted in my nightforce scope so it should be good to go.

After the test fire he did, he had the barrel cleaned real well.

Let hope good news by tuesday at the least.

Originally posted by graywolfhntr View Post
    Hello hoard brothers...
    Hey this is the Horde not the hoard. However, at the moment, some could say that I am hoarding firearms (6.5 + 10mm Auto + .17 HM2 10/22 in the last two months, w00t!)

Congrats on the new rig...sounds like a winner. Shoulda had it overnighted!

Comment

What 10mm Auto did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        What 10mm Auto did you get?
        Glock 20 SF. Kimber and Delta Elite were a little spendy.

I also am putting together a .17HM2 10/22 "for my son's birthday". Really, he's not that excited about it. My daughter, however, has a keen interest in firearms. Thinkin' about one of those cricket rifles for her. But she seems more interested in pistols. I inherited a S&W .22LR snubby revolver I think I'll let her try out.

I'm now doing my best to contain my immediate urge to hit the range and test fire that hand cannon (10mm not .22LR ). I've got relatives in town and can't break away. I'm dying.

I was originally gonna try to do a .460 rowland conversion but was dissuaded by potential reliability issues...not to mention the cost.
        Last edited by Guest; 09-22-2012, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• BjornF16
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2011

I got the 10mm D.E.

Anyone have a good suggestion for a field chest rig? (taking the gun on CO elk hunt)

GW...make sure to post pics of your rig when it re-arrives!...and let me know how you like the NXS you ordered. BTW, what reticle did you spec?
          LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
          Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
            I got the 10mm D.E.

Anyone have a good suggestion for a field chest rig? (taking the gun on CO elk hunt)
            Try a Hill People Gear Kit Bag. I've been using their recon version to carry my 1911 very successfully.

K2

Comment

• BjornF16
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by k2keller View Post
              Try a Hill People Gear Kit Bag. I've been using their recon version to carry my 1911 very successfully.

K2
              That is some cool kit!...I'm going to get the runners pack; not sure if it will work with Eberlestock backpack we use for stalking hunts.

Comment

I got the 10mm D.E.

GW...make sure to post pics of your rig when it re-arrives!...and let me know how you like the NXS you ordered. BTW, what reticle did you spec?
                here is the rig I use.. I have several of these.. one for a 1911, one for a ruger SBH they are very comfortable
                The Guides Choice™ Leather Chest Holster, the ULTIMATE outdoor leather gun holster.Alaskan Made gun holster for easy use and utility.NOTHING better, guaranteed!
                Last edited by Guest; 10-07-2012, 10:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

That is some cool kit!...I'm going to get the runners pack; not sure if it will work with Eberlestock backpack we use for stalking hunts.
                  I don't have an Eberlestock to reference, but looking online it looks like there are points on the shoulder straps to use the lifter straps to attach the Kit Bag. I prefer to just wear the bag on the Runner's harness; that way I still have the pistol if I drop the pack.
                  K2

Comment

• BjornF16
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by k2keller View Post
                    I don't have an Eberlestock to reference, but looking online it looks like there are points on the shoulder straps to use the lifter straps to attach the Kit Bag. I prefer to just wear the bag on the Runner's harness; that way I still have the pistol if I drop the pack.
                    K2
                    Yes...after looking at their website more I see what you are referring to. I ordered the "Snubby" for running (switching from Kahr P380 to Glock 19 while running) as well as the "Recon" with the lifter straps for attaching to backpack. I definitely want to stay holstered when dropping the backpack...

Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
                    X