VERRRRY Pissed off at Tactical Rifles right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • graywolfhntr

VERRRRY Pissed off at Tactical Rifles right now.

Hey all. Well, I was hoping to be able to give good news about my rifle but i have nothing but anger right now.

I got my rifle this morning and first thing i notice is its not in the case i ordered. I had ordered a Hardigg case with molded or cut to fit foam.
    Second, it was supposed to come with front and back fold down back up sights. The front is there, but no back sight, and not in the box.
    Third, one of the magazines( a 24 round from alexander arms) moves around in the mag holder. The 10 round one fits snug and perfect.

Fourth, and the most important one, the thing that is pissing me off the most, i tried loading the rifle, twice, once with each magazine to make sure it was not the magazines fault, but each time i let the charging handle go to load the round, the shell got stuck on the lip by the primer and got stuck.

I have sent them an email and plan on calling them on monday. I am sooo frigin pissed right now because i had made plans to go shooting on monday at a range about an hour and a half away that has 100 to 1000 yard range and wanted to play.

I am so sick about this and do not know what to do about it.

Sorry for the rant but i am just mad and sick over the whole thing and you all need to be kept in the loop about Tactical Rifles. I wish i had found out from you all before i had paid for the rifle about them.

I will get back with you all on monday or tuesday.

I have witnessed a few other postings from our forum members expressing disdain for the company and their lack of customer support, but damn man they really dropped the ball on this one. I hope they try to make it up to you, some how.

Comment

I was reading the thread about them on SH last night. Good Luck getting a satisfactory resolution.

Comment

Yeah, there are threads on here and the Hide about them. I personally haven't had dealings with them, but when guys waited over 14 months to get a rifle, I knew something wasn't right.

Take some pics of the magazine by itself from the side view, so we can see what the feed lip angle is. Also, check to see if they used an AR15 barrel estension in an M4 upper.

Usually, feed issues are magazine related. If you could also take a pic of the round in its failure to feed position, that would help.

Comment

I know it may be out of place for me to comment.... but i have to say... i love the way you guys jump in when someone is in distress and help get things sorted out... to my simple mind its kinda like when the car crashes at nascar, and the crew runs in and saves the car and driver. i have poured over many forums in the last month, and i have to say, i keep coming back cause of the substance of the topics is rich, deep and fun... it is comforting to know when i get my upper in if there is a prob... there is the 6.5 grendel forum that is backing up anyone who enters the sanctuary of the Horde. AWESOME!!! end of my off topic...

regards

Comment

• leopard6.5

graywolf: Isn't Tactical Rifles over in your area of the state, Zephyrhills?

If nothing else, if you can't get a good response from them by phone or email, you could take it to them personally and be there in person.

It's not something you should need to do but at least it's an option in your case.

The last guy I hear of on this forum was out of state so he didn't even have that option.

I would sure think they should have function tested the rifle before it left their shop.

Good Luck with getting it sorted out and hopefully quickly.

Please keep us informed.

Lee

Comment

That just bites! What's with these companies nowadays? While looking for a barrel and other parts, I had a hard time just getting some companies to answer a simple e-mail. Alot didn't even bother..
              Hopefully they'll fix it quickly. Good luck!

Comment

I am hoping that it was just a simple mistake and all will be worked out, but after following the thread on the Hide, it does not look good for TR. Mistakes happen, it is all about how they are fixed by the company that determines their ultimate outcome. I have my fingers crossed for you that it will be resolved quickly and painlessly.

Can you single feed the ammo?

Comment

• graywolfhntr

well, looks like things will be done quickly. The owner of the company, who is overseas right now, contacted me and wants me to send it back so they an figure what is wrong.
                  Updated as I get them.

Comment

• rasp65
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2011

Graywolf It looks like the owner is involved and I hope he resolves it soon for you. One thing the internet can do is light a fire under people to make things right and prevent problems from going viral. Good luck.

Comment

• graywolfhntr

Thanks all of the hoard that have given me help and encouragement. Let hope this will not take long to fix.

Comment

Working...
                      X