AA Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA Status

Anybody know what's going on with Alexander Arms? I placed an order for brass and magazines on 6/25, and after repeated emails and calls, I have yet to get ahold of anybody or get a response on the status of my order. Hasn't shipped yet as far as I can tell.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Their power was out for a while last week with the storm that went through.

I talked with Bill while it was out and they are back up and running, but I suspect that they are now digging out from all the stuff that happened, complicated by the holiday in the middle of the week.

Keep trying to call, you will eventually get through.

Comment

On top of which the whole Ar industry is under a high demand burden all my distributors and manufactors are projecting longer than normal backorder wait times. It's a sign of the times.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmy View Post
        On top of which the whole Ar industry is under a high demand burden all my distributors and manufactors are projecting longer than normal backorder wait times. It's a sign of the times.
        That would be no excuse in my book for not telling you when you order that the product is not available, or not shipping for two weeks without responding to any inquiries. I didn't know they lost power/etc so I'll give the benefit of the doubt for that, although it's still a little sketchy.

Comment

I know. I ordered an AA upper last week and have had several inquiries go unanswered. At this point, I'm trying to take a deep breath and relax because... I REALLY WANT TO HAVE MY UPPER RIGHT NOW!!!! ARRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!

Sorry you had to hear that.

Comment

Power out and hit by major hurricane is sketchy? These guys are dealing with literally thousands of orders. Catching up after a major hiccup that you have zero control over sounds like a nightmare to me.

AA is a stand-up outfit. You will get your order as soon as they can process it and fill it.

Comment

My bad, didn't realize they were dealing with that much weather. I'm 4000 miles away and gave up TV, so I actually didn't realize some of those areas still don't have power from the 29th. I guess I'm used to Midway, Grafs, Sinclair, etc. that tells you when you order what they don't have, and ship the next day. This is my third order from them and I've never had very good communication from them. I'm sure they are a great company and stand up people, but if they are dealing with that many order it might be time to upgrade their order system.

Comment

• MrDraco
                Warrior
                • Jul 2011

Another thing to keep in mind is ASC is the only company making Grendel mags and when I inquired about them last week I was told currently there is almost a 1 month back order on the 10 round mags. I lucked out and found some on Midway http://www.midwayusa.com/product/357...ProductDescrip however from past experience they will be sold out in less then a week.

Comment

• bwaites
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by blackfoot View Post
                  My bad, didn't realize they were dealing with that much weather. I'm 4000 miles away and gave up TV, so I actually didn't realize some of those areas still don't have power from the 29th. I guess I'm used to Midway, Grafs, Sinclair, etc. that tells you when you order what they don't have, and ship the next day. This is my third order from them and I've never had very good communication from them. I'm sure they are a great company and stand up people, but if they are dealing with that many order it might be time to upgrade their order system.
                  Growing a company like AA is really a lesson in frustration. You can never get the right people at the right time, then you find the right person, but your software won't keep up, so you fix that, then you find out that your computers need to be upgraded to handle that problem, only to find that doing so means your entire staff has to be retrained on the proper entry formats. Then you find out that you're supposed to actually build and ship guns in the process, only to discover that you can't produce enough ammunition to feed the guns you've already sold, so you move some people to ammo production, and then find out that your shipping person has come down with some illness that requires surgery so the shipping stacks up.

In the meantime, the person you thought was the answer to customer relations has been overwhelmed, and you actually need another person to help, but because you haven't built and shipped enough rifles and ammo that you can't really afford to do that right now, so you plug your finger in the dike and hope the rain stops soon!

If you are contacting AA by internet, you need to call, and keep calling until you get someone on the phone. They are short handed right now, so keep at it.

Comment

Yeah, everyone in the industry has a major problem right now: Keeping up with demand. We've literally seen the US firearms industry go from $19+ billion in 2008, to $32+ billion in 2011. Let that sink in for a while. I estimate that we'll easily hit $36-$38 billion this year, if not more. We've seen a 30.6% increase in direct jobs since 2008, in THIS economy. What does that tell you?

It's like the defense manufacturing in WWII almost, and that's with prices rising. There are companies duplicating their warehouse sizes right and left, bringing manufacturing up to 100% increase in capacity as we speak. Imagine trying to pull that off and filling orders at the same time. JP Enterprises is doing that right now, for example, and their a niche company that sells high-end rifles at $3000 price points and up, inlcuding Grendels.

Comment

Originally posted by MrDraco View Post
                      Another thing to keep in mind is ASC is the only company making Grendel mags and when I inquired about them last week I was told currently there is almost a 1 month back order on the 10 round mags. I lucked out and found some on Midway http://www.midwayusa.com/product/357...ProductDescrip however from past experience they will be sold out in less then a week.
                      So chances are when I do finally get ahold of them, they don't have the 24 round mags I ordered anyway?

Comment

• bwaites
                        • Mar 2011

They had plenty of mags last time I asked Bill about it, but....depends on how many of us are stocking up!

Comment

i know the feeling man. Ive been waiting for beowulf ammo 2 mags and a gun case, since late Feb. First response was (We dont have bullets from our manufacturer. Then we dont have powder from our manufacturer. Then they said they had it all and were going to start making ammo first week of June. Came and went. Then they said they had to reprioritize and make a different grain ammo up and 300 grain would be ready the first week of July. I called last friday asked if they had 300 gr. the lady said Yes. So i asked her to look up my order and she said well we have the ammo ill get that right out to you. Its Tuesday and not even an email confirmation for send off. Whats a guy to do you know. At least i have Grendel and other guns i can get ammo for. I can understand waiting awhile for an upper because of barrels and etc. but ammo? Man. Sorry to hijack thread i just needed to vent. I love alexander arms but i just cant get my stuff!

Comment

• MrDraco
                            Warrior
                            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by blackfoot View Post
                            So chances are when I do finally get ahold of them, they don't have the 24 round mags I ordered anyway?
                            I've never had a problem getting these mags, it's the 10 rounders that are the most popular and are hard to get.

Comment

• wheelguner
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X