• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

6.5 Grendel barrels possibly coming soon from PSA

Noticed elsewhere on the 'net that Palmetto State Armory (PSA) is planning to offer 6.5 Grendel barrels soon.

They are reportedly working on barrel lengths, profiles, and materials. They explore various suppliers, but have indicated that much of their new stuff is coming from FN.

PSA seems to offer good quality at reasonable prices when it comes to their own branded merchandise. Their reputation is solid as far as I can tell, and I've never had an issue with a few small orders placed with them.

Their current barrel list (no Grendels yet) might offer some insight on what we might see from their anticipated PSA Grendel lineup:

Good to see the potential of more choices ahead.
    Drifter
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Good news!
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

A hammer forged chrome lined tube would be nice...
      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

I noticed them selling 6.8 SPC II barrels for like $169. I have also been wishing that they would offer Grendel barrels and bolts too. I order frequently from PSA now.

Comment

• Drifter
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

It was PSA that actually posted the info in early April on another forum where they're an industry partner, so it should be just a matter of time...
          Drifter

Comment

• RangerRick

FN makes sense. The FN plant that makes M-4's, M-16, M-249, and M-240's for the Army is right down the street in Columbia, SC from PSA : http://www.fnmfg.com/

One of those TV shows ("GI Arsenal" on the Military Channel?) did a plant tour awhile back.

RR
            Last edited by Guest; 05-20-2012, 09:10 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I deal with PSA as one of my suppliers they are good people there. You guys need to let them know there is intrest in them handling the 6.5 grendel. I had talked to my rep and he said they weren't getting enough request for the caliber to move on it at the time. So if you got a minute shoot them an email or call them I like working with their stuff I've never been disapointed.

Comment

• BjornF16
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2011

Contacted...here is the web address for their email form (scroll to bottom):

LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• txgunner00
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Contacted
                  NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
                    Contacted
                    Ditto!
                    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

They will sell Grendel barrels/bolts like crack. They already stock the Hornady 123gr AMAX ammo.

Comment

• slowmethinks

This would be AWESOME! I already shop there and this would make me a die hard fan...

Comment

Got a response email from them today saying they know nothing about it.

Comment

• slowmethinks

sad face

Comment

• Drifter
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                              Got a response email from them today saying they know nothing about it.
                              Someone there seems to think Grendel barrels are in the works...

The link below is to the 3rd page of an ar15.com thread from April 2012 where PSA (designated as an Industry Partner on that forum) is announcing barrels for another cartridge. Beginning with the 4th post down the page, check the quoted sections and user names to find the Grendel-related information that I shared previously:

Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear.
                              Last edited by Drifter; 05-23-2012, 03:35 AM.
                              Drifter

Comment

Working...
                              X