Ordered my grendel this morning....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered my grendel this morning....

Ordered a entry upper with the shilen barrel upgrade! Waiting is gonna suck but it will be well worth it... I already have a Leupold mark 4 3.5x10x40 30mm tube, need tO get rings yet, have a RRA lower with 2 stage match trigger to put it on.... Am gonna order some hornady rounds soon... I got jerked around by another AR company for the last 90 days.... Hopefully this goes much smoother...

where did you order it from? how long did they say the wait was?

Comment

From Alexander arms with an estimated wait of 8 weeks...

Comment

Good choice, when you get it please give us a review and range report.

Comment

• LightningII

Originally posted by Outsider View Post
          Ordered a entry upper with the shilen barrel upgrade! Waiting is gonna suck but it will be well worth it... I already have a Leupold mark 4 3.5x10x40 30mm tube, need tO get rings yet, have a RRA lower with 2 stage match trigger to put it on.... Am gonna order some hornady rounds soon... I got jerked around by another AR company for the last 90 days.... Hopefully this goes much smoother...
          Who was jerking you around, and how?

Comment

I got jerked around by a dealer...not an ar company...that was my fault...I ordered an RRA ATH on feb 28, 2012, got an order number from the dealer and everything...he said RRA Quoted him 30 days....30 days later nothing, I Call him and he says he has heard nothing....I call RRA...they say at least 60-90 from order date...I call him back, and he says they told him different, i call them back with my order number he says he got from them...its non-existant...call him back tell him...then he tells me that he never ordered it becasue he didn't have enought orders to fufill an order...Boy was i mad...But then he says he had ordered it a few weeks later...(i check it out and infact he did order like 11 rifles on that order) he says should be 2 weeks so i give him the benefit of the doubt and wait....call him last week and he says at least another 6 weeks....I said forget it...

My entire intention was to buy a complete 223 and then build a 6.5 upper...I ended up buying an RRA lower saturday and ordered my 6.5 upper today through AA....I should have ordered the upper all along and not had to bother with all this hassel....unnecessary wait times, and such. But in the beginning i wanted the 6.5 due to its versitility and cult like following. I have no problem waiting on it now, I talked to Stephanie from AA this morning, she took down all my information, got my order number, and email, so its all good. I will start putting together all my other odds and ends regarding my project.

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

I can't believe any business would operate that way. You had much more patience with the lies than I would have.

Good luck on the Grendel. Post pics when you get it.
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

I'd say it will be a couple months before I see it...

Comment

• Blacklab
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2012

right on outsider. @ least the ball is truely rolling now. BTW what barrel length an style.
                  Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

19.5" entry upper with the shilen barrel upgrade no muzzle device, I want to see what it it is going to do before I get a muzzle brake or something on it... I ordered 5 boxes of 123 grain hornady a max today from midway USA for just over 20 per box plus shipping. All I need now is my mark 4 rings for the scope and my upper and I am good.

Comment

• OLd Man
                      Bloodstained
                      • Mar 2012

I odered a 24" Shelin barrel complete rifle amd was surprised in three weeks. Better get those bullets.

Comment

Ordered Entry Upper from AA March 12, got an email back last week letting me know that it will likely be closer to 8 weeks than 6 to get the upper. Waiting is killing me, but I think it will be worth the wait. Ordered standard barrel, though, and not Shilen. Not pleasant, but wait it out. Can't believe the dealer jacked you around like that.
                        Phil

Comment

• kbarnes12
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2011

I ordered an stripped upper and a 20" barrel and bolt kit on April 13 and was told that they are back ordered for about 4 weeks.
                          sigpic
                          Guns kill people the same way forks make people fat.

Comment

I am ready for the wait, I ordered my ammo yesterday, just need to get my scope rings/bases

Comment

• Bauer861
                              Unwashed
                              • Apr 2014

Good luck. Ordered accessories, rounds etc direct from AA in Jan 2013. The email below was sent to me on July 8, 2014. Waited over a year for my Upper 20" to be delivered to dealer. Ordered Upper Dec 2012 received April 2014.

Comment

Working...
                              X