How many rounds can fit into a Barret 6.8 30rd magazine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many rounds can fit into a Barret 6.8 30rd magazine?

Could I fit 30 6.5 grendel rounds into a Barret 6.8 30rd magazine?

The largest ammo I'd like to know that'll fit into the magazine is Swift II Scirroco of which I think is about 2.26" OAL... and after that it's Nosler Accubond, which is short enough that I don't think OAL is a problem.

Could either of those two bullets fit 30 rnds into the magazine?
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Depends.

The Grendel round itself may or may not run out of those mags. The Grendel is fatter than the 6.8, and while some people have reported that they can run it in 6.8 mags, others have reported that they can only get 5-6 rounds to feed reliably.

OAL isn't the problem, the diameter of the cartridge is.

BTW, Welcome!!

Comment

• txgunner00
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Howdy!

Do you already have the mags or are you buying? If you are buying get true Grendel magazines. I have a couple 25 rounders from Midway (AR Stoner) and they have function 100% so far.
      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Have we even established that the CProducts and now ASC mag bodies for the Grendel are any different than the 6.8 mag bodies? The frontal guide rib in my Grendel mags is way farther forward than the shoulder of the Grendel case, and I've seen comparisons where someone took both mag bodies, and after inspecting them, determined that they were either the same, or any differences could not be detected by him.

I don't have any 6.8 mags, so I can't compare them.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

The C Products mag bodies do look the same from the outside. Some have even said the followers are identical, just different colors.

I don't have any, either, but he is talking the Barrett mags, so it might not help much.

Comment

Working...
          X