• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • burnsome
    Warrior
    • Jun 2011

Shortest barrel possible?

SBR project.....I'm wondering what the shortest barrel possible is that will function and stabilize the 6.5 G? Seems like the 300 BlackOut guys are running 7, 8, 9-inch 300BO's and recommend the pistol length gas tubes for functioning. I already have an 11-inch upper that runs fine with the carbine length gas system, but am thinking about a 7 inch project if its possible. anybody been there, done that yet?

It was hard finding loads with good velocities for my Contender handgun. It might be harder to find them for a 7 inch barrel and operate the system, as well as perform well. I wouldn't mind a successful outcome, but you must really like a challenge, lol.

Comment

What is the object of the exercise?
      I bet you a 9" barrel Red Hawk in 44 magnum will outshoot a 300 BLK w/ the same barrel length.

Comment

• burnsome
        Warrior
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by wulkyrie View Post
        What is the object of the exercise?
        I bet you a 9" barrel Red Hawk in 44 magnum will outshoot a 300 BLK w/ the same barrel length.
        i do like a challenge, and the object of the exercise is to run a 6.5G SBR suppressed at a super short barrel length on the AR15/M16 platform.

Comment

Working...
        X